Latest Tobacco Purchase 2020

rekamepip
Codger in Training

Recently ordered a one pound sampler of Picayune
1st impression is nicotine level is good
but a little peppery on the exhale
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

rekamepip wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:44 am Recently ordered a one pound sampler of Picayune
1st impression is nicotine level is good
but a little peppery on the exhale
I approve of this sample size.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bamarick

I only smoke one or two pipes a day so I buy a lot of different tobaccos in small quantities. We're just back from a week in Pigeon Forge TN where, of course, I paid a visit to the Gatlin-Burlier in Gatlinburg.

I came away with a pound of tobacco which included 4oz of Smoke Ease and 2oz each of Mountain Maple, Chimney Smoke, Mellow Moonshine, Cumberland, Mountain Vine Wine & "No Local" which is aptly named be cause there's no domestic tobacco in it.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
vwdeano

Bamarick wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:28 am I only smoke one or two pipes a day so I buy a lot of different tobaccos in small quantities. We're just back from a week in Pigeon Forge TN where, of course, I paid a visit to the Gatlin-Burlier in Gatlinburg.

I came away with a pound of tobacco which included 4oz of Smoke Ease and 2oz each of Mountain Maple, Chimney Smoke, Mellow Moonshine, Cumberland, Mountain Vine Wine & "No Local" which is aptly named be cause there's no domestic tobacco in it.
Big fan of the Chimney Smoke... good stuff.
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.
Bamarick

vwdeano wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:16 pm
Bamarick wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:28 am I only smoke one or two pipes a day so I buy a lot of different tobaccos in small quantities. We're just back from a week in Pigeon Forge TN where, of course, I paid a visit to the Gatlin-Burlier in Gatlinburg.

Big fan of the Chimney Smoke... good stuff.
It may well be that I should have gotten more of it! I've tried the No-Local & Mountain Maple. and the jury is still out on those. I seem to have brought home a head cold and so I'm not going to smoke any until it passes. I just hope it isn't the Plague and from what I read about it I don't think it is.

FWIW if my wife would leave me alone I could spend all day at the Burlier talking to the gentleman behind the counter!
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Woke up at 5:00 AM this morning, and took advantage of a silent house to sit with my coffee and pick out some tobaccos online.
Ended up with EGR, M79, SWRA, and H&H Vermont Meat Candy. I wanted some Lane Ready Rubbed too, but nobody seems to have it in anything but tubs. I am too non-committal for a tub. Yes, I could have gotten the Sutliff version.. but I gotta go against the grain and like Lane's version better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Middle Earth

I like the Lane version as well
Not really against the grain, at least at TR where it is a tie
Regardless, taste is subjective and not objective
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Six more ounces of LC Vanilla are waiting for me at the post office. That's all smokingpipes had in stock, and they don't know when they'll be whipping up another batch. Rats. Now I gotta find another codger vanilla I like, and that's harder than it sounds. Guess I'll have to start buying samples. Shucks.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:47 pm Six more ounces of LC Vanilla are waiting for me at the post office. That's all smokingpipes had in stock, and they don't know when they'll be whipping up another batch. Rats. Now I gotta find another codger vanilla I like, and that's harder than it sounds. Guess I'll have to start buying samples. Shucks.
If you want to try something a little different - a while back [mention]Ruffinogold[/mention] turned me onto Iwan Ries Old Colonial, and I have loved that stuff ever since. It's Burley forward, with some Va, a tiny hint of perique and even tinier hint of Lat just for a little body, all topped with Vanilla. My wife has actually requested that I smoke it because it smells amazing.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

And [mention]MikeDennison[/mention], I just ordered a half LB of it, so if you want I can send you a sample whenever it shows up :D
― Theodore Roosevelt