Latest Tobacco Purchase 2020

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Jlando19 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:41 pm I'm posting these as a response to see some of my handy work from Bruyere_Royale. Hope it doesn't distract too much from the thread and I hope you guys enjoy the photos!
This first one is stainless steel with brown micarta scales and is the one I used to cut my 3P's with.
This second one is a Santoku with maple burl and black resin scales.
This third one is my take on a hunter in stainless steel and dessert iron wood scales.
This fourth image is all stainless steel. Same hunter as the one above but with a smaller version also.. First one has spalted avocado wood on the handle, the other two have dyed leapord wood handles.

Thanks for looking! Now back to your regularly programmed Latest Tobacco Purchases!
That santoku is a stunner and appeals to every fiber of the kitchen geek in me. May need to have a conversation regarding one soon
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Haven't purchased any tobacco in quite some time. I really don't need any. But last night I snagged a 250g box of Sammy G chocolate flake (which I had none of) and 2 more tins of McConnell lat flake.

*one big reason I haven't ordered much is the additional $6 fee most online retailers have to charge for signature required shipping. I try to find places that ignore that particular regulation
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
simplepipes
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:50 pm LC Vanilla in this Canadian. It's a tobacconists pipe, but I can't remember who it was made for. I'm posting a pic of the logo stamped on the shank, in case someone recognizes it.
Sorry! Posted this in the wrong place.
That pipe was made by Steve and Roswitha Anderson (S&R Woodcrafts). Their pipes were / are outstanding.

Steve is no longer with us but I believe Roswitha still owns and operates Pipes & Pleasures . . . Columbus, OH.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

simplepipes wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:45 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:50 pm LC Vanilla in this Canadian. It's a tobacconists pipe, but I can't remember who it was made for. I'm posting a pic of the logo stamped on the shank, in case someone recognizes it.
Sorry! Posted this in the wrong place.
That pipe was made by Steve and Roswitha Anderson (S&R Woodcrafts). Their pipes were / are outstanding.

Steve is no longer with us but I believe Roswitha still owns and operates Pipes & Pleasures . . . Columbus, OH.

-sp
Thanks so much, sir! That's great information. Truly appreciate you sharing that with me. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Had some house credit, so I am getting some aros I like, and some I've never had. Gettin' weird.
Davidoff Danish
Peterson Irish Dew
Amphora Full Aroma
Sail Aromatic
Sutliff Maple Street
M79 (Pouch for that extra PG burn I like)
MB Vanilla Cream Loose Cut
1Q
BLWB
Lane Black Raspberry
Tobacco Galleria: Night Cap
Sutliff Mark Twain
Flying Dutchman Match
Erik Stokkebye Morning Blend
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Daughters and Ryan Rimboche S.J. from Smoking Pipes. I really regret not getting in an order for Picayune before they dropped the axe. Oh well, you can't miss that which you never knew. This R.S.J is mighty tasty. I hope it sticks around. [mention]simplepipes[/mention], I hear Three Sails is safe!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Dr Uhaha wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:01 am
Chef Benny wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:49 pm
Dr Uhaha wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:17 pm Image
To my understanding.. Gold block was a codger otc blend in the UK back in the day. I got a tin i wanna pop some day. Have you tried the stuff?
It is considered a codger blend - probably because it was widely available in pouches. Haven't tried it yet - got a boatload of stuff in recently. Will let you know what I think. ✔
Did you ever try this? I am curious what you think.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Houtenziel wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:34 pm
Chef Benny wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:49 pm

To my understanding.. Gold block was a codger otc blend in the UK back in the day. I got a tin i wanna pop some day. Have you tried the stuff?
It is considered a codger blend - probably because it was widely available in pouches. Haven't tried it yet - got a boatload of stuff in recently. Will let you know what I think. ✔
Nope - it went straight into the tobacco dungeon.
I'll let you know when I decide to pop one.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Dr Uhaha wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:06 pm
You people with patience really try my patience. :lol:
I still got a little store credit left since SP can't seem to get my order right after 3 tries... I will grab a tin and hope for the best.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Houtenziel wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:21 pm
Dr Uhaha wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:06 pm

You people with patience really try my patience. :lol:
I still got a little store credit left since SP can't seem to get my order right after 3 tries... I will grab a tin and hope for the best.
I'm sorry, man! :lol: