fingall
Member in Good Standing

Dr Uhaha wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:15 pm
Dr Uhaha wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:08 pm
Riff89 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:22 pm Image
I smoked Camel NF for a minute, but these - these are what I daydream about:

So. Good.
And these mothertruckers... I liked these too:

I've never tried Lucky Strikes, and I've never heard or seen the other ones. Is there anything special about them?
Ronv69
Founding Member

fingall wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:36 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:13 pm
fingall wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:43 pm
I actually laughed out loud. Not that your dad died, but the 'Enjoy!' part.
I smoked these too a long time ago. I enjoyed it then but I don't regret quitting cigs.
I am also glad you quit. My brother smoked 2 CARTONS a day for years before he stopped cold turkey at age 37. It still killed him 37 years later after 8 heart surgeries.
Oh my word, that's unbelievable. My grandmother used to smoke three packs a day and I thought that was a lot. Did he smoke Camels like your dad?
No. It's a long story, but basically he worked or partied 20 hours a day. He was 10 years older than me and I worked for him while he was building his business. Every day I went to the grocery store and picked up 2 cartons on Marlboro filters and then to the liquor store for 2 fifths of Schenley Reserve whiskey. Those years he had a cigarette going constantly and lit the next one off the last one. He quit smoking and drinking at the same time.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

This was my death pack ... it was difficult to walk away from these back to winstons . Winstons are for 5 year olds in comparison

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Riff89

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:46 pm This was my death pack ... it was difficult to walk away from these back to winstons . Winstons are for 5 year olds in comparison

I used to trade smokes with a French Canadian truck driver who delivered to us at the lumber yard I worked in. He used to trade me exports for Marlboros.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

My Dad smoked unfiltered Phillip Morris 3 or 4 packs a day since before I was born. He died at 51 from a heart attack even though he was very active and appeared to be an excellent physical example of a man in his prime. Who knows? Maybe it was just his time. Or maybe the damn things killed him. I quit cigarettes within a week after he passed. An odd thing is secondary smoke from a pipe or cigar does not bother me at all. Within a few months of quitting secondary cigarette smoke started making my eyes water and it almost strangles me. I'm kind of leery about my pipes and cigars but I don't inhale them. I tell myself this is better than smoking cigarettes and I believe I may be right. I have already outlived him by 19 years.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Riff89 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:59 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:46 pm This was my death pack ... it was difficult to walk away from these back to winstons . Winstons are for 5 year olds in comparison

I used to trade smokes with a French Canadian truck driver who delivered to us at the lumber yard I worked in. He used to trade me exports for Marlboros.
Some of the export A line is easier stuff .. but the green is hot , brutal and painful ... I loved them . I think the blue was doable . Oh man , Craven A [ were they Jamaican ? ] were excellent but the best were Nat Sherman MCD . Im glad I quit bougie cigarettes because they actually tasted good and I could chain smoke the hell out of them ... Im still stuck with winston black but I dont chain smoke for many years now but I cant go through a day without a cigarette yet ... I hope to get there but we'll see
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

My first wife smoked Vogue cigarettes. I don't know if they were imported or what. But they were expensive and fancy looking.
God and Texas!
Middle Earth

American Spirit
Saved Perique from extinction for all the tobacco world