Escudo Navy De Luxe

Wooda
Founding Member

Escudo is the Navy blend against which all others are measured.
It's even better with a couple years' age.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Wooda wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:08 pm Escudo is the Navy blend against which all others are measured.
It's even better with a couple years' age.
Had a bowl last evening, aged three years. Amazing.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Middle Earth

Well as a new convert, my thoughts are, perfect out of the tin. So very easy to rub-out. Have had some sealed sleaves in the cellar for two years. Will not touch them untill they hit 5 years. The fresh tins I recently ordered to smoke tell me that fresh, out of the tin, it is fantastic. No bite. Cool smoke with a pure tobacco taste. I have over 200 pounds aging away. I missed the boat on this one. So I humbly say, crazy good blend, in my top five. Do yourself a favor if you have not tried Escudo, try it, you might just like/love it. I will add that it is not a "Navy Blend" as I know it and define it. Just a great VAPER.
steamboat

I would like to add Rattrays Marlin Flake, if you enjoyed Escudo, and looking for the raisin fig flavors. Can be a little tricky to find, but it comes around, its not a unicorn.
John

Middle Earth wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:05 pm I have over 200 pounds aging away.
You seriously have 200 lbs of Escudo?
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:39 am Don't forget Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls. I find this one to be "sweeter" than Escudo.
While I love Escudo, DDNR edges is out slightly for me.
Middle Earth

I reread that sentence and it is awkawrd. I have over 200 pounds of many different blends. The DDNR I have is boxed-up somewhere aging away. Really looking forward to trying it with some age on it some day.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

I second @Fr Tom's recommendation of Orlik and @kxg's recommendation of PS Luxury Bulls Eye.

Straying from the target a little, some other flavors you might explore are Peterson's Irish Oak and Cornell & Diehl Cajun Cake.

Heck, looking at some of the aforementioned recommendations that I haven't tried, it looks like I'll be investigating some new flavors myself. :)
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

steamboat wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:26 pm I would like to add Rattrays Marlin Flake, if you enjoyed Escudo, and looking for the raisin fig flavors. Can be a little tricky to find, but it comes around, its not a unicorn.
Finally tried marlin flake yesterday and I have to agree with you. It's a fantastic smoke
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

If God is on your side and you happen upon a tin of Germain Royal Jersey Perique .... by all means snag it !!!!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.