Latest Tobacco Purchase 2018

User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:23 pm

Picked up some Middleton's Cherry and a 10-pack of Tampa Sweet Perfecto MM cigars

Image
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 5):
Kevin KeithThelonious monkfishsisyphusMr BeardsleyMikeDennison
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Weslaco

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:23 pm
Picked up some Middleton's Cherry and a 10-pack of Tampa Sweet Perfecto MM cigars

Image
I wish I could find Middleton's locally. And Mixture 79. I need to get a pouch of that some day.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 2):
Thelonious monkfishMikeDennison
Image
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:50 pm

I have had one bowl of the Middleton's. It is good.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 3):
Thelonious monkfishKevin KeithMikeDennison
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Active Member
Posts: 466
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:57 pm

No longer available in tubs but the grocery store I get CH from has pouches for around $3. Doesn't taste like cherry, think it was actually named after a street in Philly, still a solid Burley OTC. Always keep a pouch around.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by:
MikeDennison
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Weslaco

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:22 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:50 pm
I have had one bowl of the Middleton's. It is good.
It’s good stuff. @Wildcat sent me a sample a few years back and I bought it by the tub till you couldn’t. :king:
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 2):
Thelonious monkfishMikeDennison
Image
User avatar
ncrobb
Founding Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Three tins of Dunhill Dark Flake, one of C&D Black Frigate, four ounces of Elizabethan Match and a double handful of pipe cleaners.
This post by ncrobb liked by (total 3):
Thelonious monkfishMr BeardsleyMikeDennison
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Thelonious monkfish wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:57 pm
No longer available in tubs but the grocery store I get CH from has pouches for around $3. Doesn't taste like cherry, think it was actually named after a street in Philly, still a solid Burley OTC. Always keep a pouch around.
It is fairly mild for my tastes but pleasant. I don't get a cherry taste, but there is a sweet topping. It will get smoked in the car when the CH is is gone.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 2):
Thelonious monkfishMikeDennison
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 782
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:21 pm

I snagged a 250g box of best brown flake from p&c that finally showed up today

Also grabbed an older square tin of university flake and some bourbon bleu with about 3 years age on it at a local b&m today
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
Fr_TomThelonious monkfishMikeDennison
May contain lead paint
User avatar
arturo7
Active Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:37 pm
Location: way out west

Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:10 pm

Got down off my high horse and bought some OTCs. A tub of Carter Hall and a pouch of Prince Albert.

My grandpappy smoked PA. I'm curious to see if the olfactory memory banks retained it.


Also, I found a tin McClelland Navy Cavendish at a B&M a couple weeks ago.
This post by arturo7 liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyKevin KeithMikeDennison
ever forward
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:44 am

arturo7 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:10 pm
Got down off my high horse and bought some OTCs. A tub of Carter Hall and a pouch of Prince Albert.

My grandpappy smoked PA. I'm curious to see if the olfactory memory banks retained it.


Also, I found a tin McClelland Navy Cavendish at a B&M a couple weeks ago.
Is that PA pouch the old or the new picture of Al? The new pouch seems to be cut slightly different to me, and I don't get the slight chemical note when lighting. It is more like the '80's PA I have smoked in terms of taste.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 2):
Kevin KeithMikeDennison
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Post Reply