Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

Longshanks

Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:04 pm

Thelonious monkfish wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:57 pm
Longshanks wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:07 pm
But I really like the coconutty flavor of H&H so it kinda bums me out.
You've tried Burley Light Without Bite? Different but has a coconut note to me and it allegedly is without bite. A little, or a lot, of Perique is great with it, makes it like chocolate. Also very little nicotine, wish there were more.
Veddy eeenteresting. :-) Might have to try that. Thx for the info. :thumbs:
This post by Longshanks liked by (total 5):
IslayphileThelonious monkfishFr_TomBruyere_RoyaleMikeDennison
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:01 pm

Grabbed an 8oz tin of gentleman caller to add to my stash. My current jar has just under 2 years age on it and the other night I was reminded why it's my favorite deer tongue blend
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 6):
Thelonious monkfishBruyere_RoyaleFr_TomIslayphileMikeDennisonPeacock
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Thelonious monkfish

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:18 am

Tried the smokingpipes estate/credit deal but before the credit was applied, which was quite fair, somebody grabbed the pipe I was after, jerk. Luckily there was a consolation prize, one I've also been watching for. So I used some house monies and scooped up another pound of HH Burley Flake and Sutliff Match RR to keep it company.

This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 9):
Mr BeardsleyFr_TomIslayphileLongshanksBruyere_RoyalehoutenzielavidMikeDennisonPeacock
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:43 am

Tried the smokingpipes estate/credit deal but before the credit was applied, which was quite fair, somebody grabbed the pipe I was after, jerk. Luckily there was a consolation prize, one I've also been watching for. So I used some house monies and scooped up another pound of HH Burley Flake and Sutliff Match RR to keep it company.

Just for future knowledge you can call or email the folks over there and tell them what pipe you're interested in and ask them to hold it for you until the deal is complete.

Looks like you scored a beauty anyway
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 8):
Fr_TomIslayphileBruyere_RoyalehoutenzielavidThelonious monkfishMikeDennisonPeacock
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Thelonious monkfish

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:00 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:43 am

Just for future knowledge you can call or email the folks over there and tell them what pipe you're interested in and ask them to hold it for you until the deal is complete.

Looks like you scored a beauty anyway
Thank you, sir, this is good to know.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyIslayphileMikeDennison
Chef Benny

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:24 pm

I just grabbed a tin of Malthouse by Dan. I've never tried it.. Gonna fire up a nice bowl tonight with some hot tea... Cheers!
This post by Chef Benny liked by (total 7):
houtenzielIslayphileThelonious monkfishMr BeardsleyavidMikeDennisonBruyere_Royale
MikeDennison

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:03 pm

I've visited cigarbid.com too often. I wound up with 40 cigars...a series of eight five-packs, for very little money. Worst part is, I have absolutely zero knowledge of cigars! As I've said before, "Cigarbid is the DEBBIL!" :twisted:
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 5):
Bruyere_RoyalehoutenzielMr BeardsleyThelonious monkfishFr_Tom
Islayphile

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:06 pm

A tin of Star of the East
This post by Islayphile liked by (total 7):
Bruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonhoutenzielMr BeardsleyThelonious monkfishFr_TomPeacock
houtenziel

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:25 pm

MikeDennison wrote:
I've visited cigarbid.com too often. I wound up with 40 cigars...a series of eight five-packs, for very little money. Worst part is, I have absolutely zero knowledge of cigars! As I've said before, "Cigarbid is the DEBBIL!" :twisted:
Cigars don't require any knowledge really, aside from how to store them(assuming they aren't dry cured). I used to keep my stash in one of those snapware containers with a 68% Boveda humidity pack. I had a few different cutters, but settled in to just cutting the first cap off with my Old Timer. I started doing this after seeing Pete Johnson(of Tatuaje) score the first cap with his thumbnail pinch it off and light up. As with pipes, there are no rules.. only zealots who want you to think so.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 5):
MikeDennisonIslayphileThelonious monkfishFr_TomPeacock
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
MikeDennison

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:55 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:25 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Cigars don't require any knowledge really, aside from how to store them(assuming they aren't dry cured). I used to keep my stash in one of those snapware containers with a 68% Boveda humidity pack. I had a few different cutters, but settled in to just cutting the first cap off with my Old Timer. I started doing this after seeing Pete Johnson(of Tatuaje) score the first cap with his thumbnail pinch it off and light up. As with pipes, there are no rules.. only zealots who want you to think so.
Well that's a relief! I bit a cap off one (saw it in a western) and poked a few holes in the end of another with a couple of toothpicks. I think the pocket knife sounds like a plan
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 2):
IslayphilePeacock