Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bro Uhaha wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:28 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:01 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:34 pm 'Jar it unless you plan on smoking thru it in a week.'

These are perfect for one tin:

I learned my lesson from jarring samples and single tins in the past, you eventually end up with what appears to be a hoarding problem. If I jar anything it has to be enough to fit in one large jar. I have a 5 jar limit.
You are 100% correct, which is why I moved my tobacco collection to a locking steel file cabinet. I especially like the jars because it allows me to smoke whatever I want when I want. If I die before I've emptied that cabinet my heirs will finally realize where I spend my pocket money, LOL.
Lol... I never had that much and my wife is too nosy to walk past anything of mine without looking inside. I caught her on Saturday looking through my tool box because I was looking at pipes online the week before. Like I would hide a new pipe in a tool box. :shock:
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:34 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:01 pm I learned my lesson from jarring samples and single tins in the past, you eventually end up with what appears to be a hoarding problem. If I jar anything it has to be enough to fit in one large jar. I have a 5 jar limit.
You are 100% correct, which is why I moved my tobacco collection to a locking steel file cabinet. I especially like the jars because it allows me to smoke whatever I want when I want. If I die before I've emptied that cabinet my heirs will finally realize where I spend my pocket money, LOL.
Lol... I never had that much and my wife is too nosy to walk past anything of mine without looking inside. I caught her on Saturday looking through my tool box because I was looking at pipes online the week before. Like I would hide a new pipe in a tool box. :shock:
Who? Me hide a pipe in the garage? No... 🤣
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bro Uhaha wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:46 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:34 pm

:lol: She only goes in the garage as a last resort. I'm due for a new pipe but not the lecture.
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:04 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:34 pm Lol... I never had that much and my wife is too nosy to walk past anything of mine without looking inside. I caught her on Saturday looking through my tool box because I was looking at pipes online the week before. Like I would hide a new pipe in a tool box. :shock:
:lol: She only goes in the garage as a last resort. I'm due for a new pipe but not the lecture.
Operation Briar

1. Discreetly squirrel away acorns for new pipe.
2. Pay acorns via money order USPS or in person.
3. Have pipe shipped to alternate address AKA work or sympathetic friends house. (Disregard if buying in person)
4. Strip item of all packaging and hide in underwear - the place that will never be checked casually.
5. Bring pipe in house at appropriate hour and hide, preferably with cover story for trip to shed/garage/attic.
6. On a day you are feeling your 'steel' or better yet, when she has asked you to get her something, begin smoking pipe as though you have always had it.
7. Repeat entire procedure x 20.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bro Uhaha wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:13 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:04 pm

Operation Briar

3. Have pipe shipped to alternate address AKA work or sympathetic friends house. (Disregard if buying in person)
4. Strip item of all packaging and hide in underwear - the place that will never be checked casually.
5. Bring pipe in house at appropriate hour and hide, preferably with cover story for trip to shed/garage/attic.
6. On a day you are feeling your 'steel' or better yet, when she has asked you to get her something, begin smoking pipe as though you have always had it.
She knows every trick in the book by now, I just have to sit through the 72 hour lecture and I'll be clear. It's a long three days and it starts with her cooking. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:37 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:04 pm :lol: She only goes in the garage as a last resort. I'm due for a new pipe but not the lecture.
Operation Briar

She knows every trick in the book by now, I just have to sit through the 72 hour lecture and I'll be clear. It's a long three days and it starts with her cooking. Lol
Her cooking!!! Oh geez, if my lady pulled out the big guns and withheld her southern cooking I would fold immediately. Ignore me - I had no idea.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bro Uhaha wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:42 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:37 pm

Operation Briar

Her cooking!!! Oh geez, if my lady pulled out the big guns and withheld her southern cooking I would fold immediately. Ignore me - I had no idea.
The longest I've gone was about a week before I really felt the need to beg and admit to some wrong doing. Lol...
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:01 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:42 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:37 pm She knows every trick in the book by now, I just have to sit through the 72 hour lecture and I'll be clear. It's a long three days and it starts with her cooking. Lol
The longest I've gone was about a week before I really felt the need to beg and admit to some wrong doing. Lol...
Ah yes, 'some wrong'... I have taught my sons to say 'You're right and I am wrong' when confronted with irrational arguments. At first they didn't get it until I explained that many brouhahas are not at all about who is actually correct/incorrect. Should they emulate this hard earned wisdom, their lives will be far more peaceful than mine.
Dr Uhaha

If anyone is interested in the new Peterson Nightcap/Early Morning/965, etc. they are available for order online through Esterval Pipe House, a German company. Shipping is steep across the Atlantic, but if you have to have it...
Flyfish Falls

Winter is coming. Once the heating bills start, the tobacco orders stop. Trying to get in a couple orders before that time arrives!

Winter is coming. Once the heating bills start, the tobacco orders stop. So getting in the last orders before that time arrives!
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!