Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

Mikeb717

John wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:58 pm I recently received a pound of Lane Limited HGL and a can of LL Ready Rubbed. I really like the HGL and will need to try RLP-6 now since it's the base of this blend. I purchased the RR because of the recommendation made in this post viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134 and am very happy I did.
HGL is a great smoke,I have a couple pounds cellared it just seems to always hit the right spot when I’m looking for something different
As stubborn as a Missouri Mule
John

Mikeb717 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:55 pm HGL is a great smoke,I have a couple pounds cellared it just seems to always hit the right spot when I’m looking for something different
After trying all these different blends, I hoped I would find just one I could call my favorite. I didn't think I would actually like so many of them. I guess that's a good problem.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

John wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:02 pm
Mikeb717 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:55 pm HGL is a great smoke,I have a couple pounds cellared it just seems to always hit the right spot when I’m looking for something different
After trying all these different blends, I hoped I would find just one I could call my favorite. I didn't think I would actually like so many of them. I guess that's a good problem.
There are a lot of things I could make my main smoke. There is no need though.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Received ship notice today so I officially have some 15 year old wessex burley slice aka "proof that God is a burley guy" on the way
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:26 pm Received ship notice today so I officially have some 15 year old wessex burley slice aka "proof that God is a burley guy" on the way
I am interested in hearing how you think it compares to fresh stuff, specifically what flavor elements change in a high end burley that's been aged that long.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:31 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:26 pm Received ship notice today so I officially have some 15 year old wessex burley slice aka "proof that God is a burley guy" on the way
I am interested in hearing how you think it compares to fresh stuff, specifically what flavor elements change in a high end burley that's been aged that long.
I'm trying to stay pretty reserved about it but if I'm being honest I'm excited as hell. Fresh burley slice has been the closest thing to the Edgeworth slices I've smoked, which are amazing, so fingers crossed that it hits a lot of those same rich notes. I have a bit of a 1 - 2 year old tin still jarred and close at hand so a comparison should be easy enough
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Ordered 4oz of Bullseye Flake this morning. Wanted to get a tin of FVF but looks like it's still hard to get even ten years after I bought some last. I remember all the Samuel Gawith blends being hard to get back when I smoked before and seems to be the same way now and has moved onto Gawith Hoggarth too!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Johnny wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:22 pm Ordered 4oz of Bullseye Flake this morning. Wanted to get a tin of FVF but looks like it's still hard to get even ten years after I bought some last. I remember all the Samuel Gawith blends being hard to get back when I smoked before and seems to be the same way now and has moved onto Gawith Hoggarth too!
If you're hunting gawith / g&h then today would probably be a great time to sign up for notifications for all the e-tailers
Middle Earth

Have not purchased from P&C for a while. Got "Clearance" email, so I looked.
Smoking Pipes takes good care of me.
Had a big sale on some mostly unwanted, by me items.
Did score
Four 8 OZ tins of Potlatch for $20 a pop, that is a killer deal. This is a great blend.
Four 50 gram tins of Olik Racing Green for $8 a pop. New to me. Seems interesting.
And
$25 for this Gurkha Dark Ranger Knife - Gray

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Johnny wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:22 pm Ordered 4oz of Bullseye Flake this morning. Wanted to get a tin of FVF but looks like it's still hard to get even ten years after I bought some last. I remember all the Samuel Gawith blends being hard to get back when I smoked before and seems to be the same way now and has moved onto Gawith Hoggarth too!
SG and G&H have merged since then.
The Troll Whisperer