Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

Mrm1775

houtenziel wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:50 pm
Mrm1775 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:44 pm
Johnny wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Getting a little jealous of your luck with finding FVF! :lol: It's a delicious tobacco, enjoy!
Dude! I lucked out on my buddy going to Mississippi and bringing some back, said it was a mom n pop shop and the only box or tin of SG they had.
I have been on the guy at the local b&m, told him if he wanted my business he was gonna have to find SG FVF and SG BBF and have a decent price on it. I don’t mind a mark up or a guy making some $ but I’m not into being beat up.
So far he has been doing good, I’m just hoping he can score more. I’m trying to stock and cellar my favorites as I had gotten very low on them. I have been searching hi and low, they are pretty elusive.
Man, I'd say for a guy that already seems to have gone out of his way to get stuff for you specifically.. that'd win my business regardless, and willingness to pay significantly over retail just to keep them in business. Most of these types of businesses go full on mind wipe in between customers.. they just want to take your money and not deviate from the norm. I wish we had ANY B&M in town, much less one where they give a rip about their customers.
Only recently has he gotten this way. More people in town have been requesting different pipe tobacco and I guess he saw the light.
I have been doing more business with him lately and will continue.
I like supporting local business, but I won’t pay high as h;$$ prices.
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Another tobacco haul arrived today

5 tins Ye Olde Signe
1 tin Elizabethan Mixture
1 tin Heinrichs Dark Strong
1 tin The Virginia Cream
1 tin Montgomery
1 tin Telegraph Hill
1 tin Stratford
1 tin Cumberland
1 tin Embarcadero
1 tin Fillmore
1 tin Temple Bar
1 tin Union Square
1 tin Stonehenge Flake
1lb OJK
1lb Haunted Bookshop
1lb Pegasus

Peacock

Johnny wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:20 pm Another tobacco haul arrived today

5 tins Ye Olde Signe
1 tin The Virginia Cream
1 tin Montgomery
1 tin Telegraph Hill
1 tin Stratford
1 tin Cumberland
1 tin Embarcadero
1 tin Fillmore
1 tin Temple Bar
1 tin Union Square
1 tin Stonehenge Flake
1lb OJK
1lb Haunted Bookshop
1lb Pegasus

Image :ugeek:
Damn Johnny you don't f%#$ around!!! That cellar's gotta be looking pretty full - I respect it. I wanna come hang and smoke with you :ugeek:
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Peacock wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:48 pm
Johnny wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:20 pm Another tobacco haul arrived today

5 tins Ye Olde Signe
1 tin The Virginia Cream
1 tin Montgomery
1 tin Telegraph Hill
1 tin Stratford
1 tin Cumberland
1 tin Embarcadero
1 tin Fillmore
1 tin Temple Bar
1 tin Union Square
1 tin Stonehenge Flake
1lb OJK
1lb Haunted Bookshop
1lb Pegasus

Image :ugeek:
Damn Johnny you don't f%#$ around!!! That cellar's gotta be looking pretty full - I respect it. I wanna come hang and smoke with you :ugeek:
Hey man, if you're ever in the area let me know and I'd be happy to hang and smoke a bowl or two. I'm up to about 46 pounds in the cellar now after the bulks get jarred up tonight. Should last me a few years! Living in New York makes me fearful that we are going to ban mail ordering soon. A few people at work say that they are legalizing marijuana in New York and I think once that happens, we are in trouble.
Middle Earth

I would cellar deep. As you stated, things can change fast, the bad fast change.
I only have five of those blends. All are in the cellar aging away, except one tin of Stonehenge Flake which is as good as it gets. The rest get a couple few more years of aging, including the Stonehenge tins.
Peacock

Wessex Burley Slices arrived today - if anyone's looking I got them from tophattobacco.com and they seem to have quite a few more. Can't wait to try in a few weeks, popped the tin and took a whiff and longingly held it while I transferred to a mason jar :lol:
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
Peacock

Ah and turns out Esoterica was available when I went to try some new samples so I snagged a tin to give one a shot, everything else here is new to me too:

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Peacock wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:41 pm Ah and turns out Esoterica was available when I went to try some new samples so I snagged a tin to give one a shot, everything else here is new to me too:

Your order shipped with it?
Peacock

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:43 pm
Peacock wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:41 pm Ah and turns out Esoterica was available when I went to try some new samples so I snagged a tin to give one a shot, everything else here is new to me too:

Ohhhh is this a thing? I actually had two tins in my cart and one was stolen away while I was looking for other tobacco. Yes I received shipping notification this afternoon
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Peacock wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:44 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Ohhhh is this a thing? I actually had two tins in my cart and one was stolen away while I was looking for other tobacco. Yes I received shipping notification this afternoon
Consider yourself fortunate if they actually sent it. You might be recieving a call and $5 oopsy daisy voucher or something, unless they're getting stingy with their apologies.