Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Chef Benny wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:42 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:14 am
Chef Benny wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:51 am I just bought some Dan London Blend.. I have heard its pretty tasty.. Thought I'd give it a try. Anyone ever smoke it?
There's 4 different London blends from Dan, which one did you get? I have #250 on a couple of my alert lists
I got #1000 ... Looks like a lat heavy English.. I'll put it away for a while.. Put a little age on it.
Trying to tone down the Latakia?
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:55 pm One of my favorites is Blakeney's Best Bayou Slices and I have only a couple left. Found and grabbed a 2012 tin, that'll buy me some more time with the ketchup blends. Also picked up two pouches of Amphora Full Aroma, tin of Blood Red Moon and Nutty Cut, and 100g tin of Dark twist. Not big on Aromatics aside from SWRA but Blood Red Moon and Nutty Cut get my approval, yet to try Full Aroma or Dark Twist.
Full Aroma and Dark Twist are good.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:55 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:55 pm One of my favorites is Blakeney's Best Bayou Slices and I have only a couple left. Found and grabbed a 2012 tin, that'll buy me some more time with the ketchup blends. Also picked up two pouches of Amphora Full Aroma, tin of Blood Red Moon and Nutty Cut, and 100g tin of Dark twist. Not big on Aromatics aside from SWRA but Blood Red Moon and Nutty Cut get my approval, yet to try Full Aroma or Dark Twist.
Are the dark twist disc's real small and thin like club blend & newminster 403? Like where an average chamber would fit 2 plain & 1 dark disc? Only reason I haven't bought any is because I'm fixated on the fact that there's fewer disc's with dark fired and I'd hate to run out :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:17 pm
Are the dark twist disc's real small and thin like club blend & newminster 403? Like where an average chamber would fit 2 plain & 1 dark disc? Only reason I haven't bought any is because I'm fixated on the fact that there's fewer disc's with dark fired and I'd hate to run out :lol:
Didn't even think of that. If it's good and on par size wise with 403 I'll need to pick up a pound or two.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:17 pm
I never counted. I just grabbed a few and stuffed.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ellis You wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:01 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:33 pm
Ellis You wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:25 pm Image
If I told you how much this cost, you would call me a thief.
Feel free to schedule a confession.
I opened an email from a large tobacco etailer Monday morning proclaiming a huge sale on Lane tobaccos. I then clicked on the link in the email and started exploring what was included in the sale. When I noticed LLRR was included, I clicked on that link. 14 ounce tubs were showing on sale for 93% off at $4.39 each. Added 10 to my empty cart and checked out. I figured I would get an email telling me about how they had made a mistake, but instead 10 tubs showed up. $54 with shipping & tax.
I definitely would have bought 10 tubs at that price too! I probably couldn't live with myself afterwards and would have sent them an email at least to clear the air.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I threw caution to the wind and ordered one of the five buck captain black samplers and another 8oz of stokkebye cube cut. Didn't realize how low I was getting on the cube
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:48 pm I threw caution to the wind and ordered one of the five buck captain black samplers and another 8oz of stokkebye cube cut. Didn't realize how low I was getting on the cube
I ordered the Captain Black sampler too and after receiving it and being able to smell the blends through the pouches....idk, I might try them eventually. Definitely smells up everything....
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Johnny wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:51 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:48 pm I threw caution to the wind and ordered one of the five buck captain black samplers and another 8oz of stokkebye cube cut. Didn't realize how low I was getting on the cube
I ordered the Captain Black sampler too and after receiving it and being able to smell the blends through the pouches....idk, I might try them eventually. Definitely smells up everything....
I figured mine might get a spin while out camping to keep the wife happy. Since CB dark is basically lane bca there's a solid chance I'll put together a batch of "chocolate manhood" lol. I'm also pretty active in two local pipe clubs so they can always be given to a noob in need or some such
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:02 pm
Johnny wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:51 pm
I figured mine might get a spin while out camping to keep the wife happy. Since CB dark is basically lane bca there's a solid chance I'll put together a batch of "chocolate manhood" lol. I'm also pretty active in two local pipe clubs so they can always be given to a noob in need or some such
What do you mix in to make "chocolate manhood? and yeah, could be a good thing to blend something into