1lb C&D Yorktown
1lb C&D Bayou Morning
1lb C&D Briar Fox

Middle Earth

That is a nice order
Enjoy
9 Iron
Founding Member

Johnny wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:50 pm A nice order came in today.
5 tins Dunhill Ye Olde Signe
3 tins Solani Aged Burley Flake
500g Gawith Hoggarth Kendal Kentucky
1lb C&D Yorktown
1lb C&D Bayou Morning
1lb C&D Briar Fox

Nice haul. That Kendal Kentucky, when patiently and slowly sipped from a small briar, is an exquisite smoking experience. That Old West Briar bulldog you just got would be the perfect match for it.
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

9 Iron wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:59 pm
1lb C&D Yorktown
1lb C&D Bayou Morning
1lb C&D Briar Fox

Nice haul. That Kendal Kentucky, when patiently and slowly sipped from a small briar, is an exquisite smoking experience. That Old West Briar bulldog you just got would be the perfect match for it.
That's funny, the first bowl through the bulldog was, in fact, Kendal Kentucky! :lol: Was a great smoke. I love Kendal Kentucky and used to smoke it a lot when I smoked before. It's nice to have a stock on hand again
9 Iron
Founding Member

Johnny wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:04 pm
9 Iron wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:59 pm
1lb C&D Yorktown
1lb C&D Bayou Morning
1lb C&D Briar Fox

That's funny, the first bowl through the bulldog was, in fact, Kendal Kentucky! :lol: Was a great smoke. I love Kendal Kentucky and used to smoke it a lot when I smoked before. It's nice to have a stock on hand again
Great minds! :thumbs:
Mrm1775

Stopped at the b&m for a new lighter, owner said “hang on I have something for you”, then pulls out this tin. This guy is really trying to get my business. He is doing a pretty good job.
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Mrm1775 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:05 pm Image
Stopped at the b&m for a new lighter, owner said “hang on I have something for you”, then pulls out this tin. This guy is really trying to get my business. He is doing a pretty good job.
Getting a little jealous of your luck with finding FVF! :lol: It's a delicious tobacco, enjoy!
Mrm1775

Johnny wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:09 pm
Getting a little jealous of your luck with finding FVF! :lol: It's a delicious tobacco, enjoy!
Dude! I lucked out on my buddy going to Mississippi and bringing some back, said it was a mom n pop shop and the only box or tin of SG they had.
I have been on the guy at the local b&m, told him if he wanted my business he was gonna have to find SG FVF and SG BBF and have a decent price on it. I don’t mind a mark up or a guy making some $ but I’m not into being beat up.
So far he has been doing good, I’m just hoping he can score more. I’m trying to stock and cellar my favorites as I had gotten very low on them. I have been searching hi and low, they are pretty elusive.
By the way I see you like Ye Olde Signe
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mrm1775 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:44 pm
Dude! I lucked out on my buddy going to Mississippi and bringing some back, said it was a mom n pop shop and the only box or tin of SG they had.
I have been on the guy at the local b&m, told him if he wanted my business he was gonna have to find SG FVF and SG BBF and have a decent price on it. I don’t mind a mark up or a guy making some $ but I’m not into being beat up.
So far he has been doing good, I’m just hoping he can score more. I’m trying to stock and cellar my favorites as I had gotten very low on them. I have been searching hi and low, they are pretty elusive.
Man, I'd say for a guy that already seems to have gone out of his way to get stuff for you specifically.. that'd win my business regardless, and willingness to pay significantly over retail just to keep them in business. Most of these types of businesses go full on mind wipe in between customers.. they just want to take your money and not deviate from the norm. I wish we had ANY B&M in town, much less one where they give a rip about their customers.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Mrm1775 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:44 pm
By the way I see you like Ye Olde Signe
I haven't actually tried Ye Olde Signe yet. It's something I'm banking on liking. The tins already have some age on them and once I finish a couple blends, I'll be cracking one to try out. It's supposed to be a strong Virginia blend and that sounds right up my alley!