Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Thelonious monkfish wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:40 pm
Might be a lean year here purchase wise so I took advantage of some sales and coupons to grab a few things at discount. Pound of HH Burley Flake, tub of Granger, and 500g Grasmere. Looking forward to finally trying Burley Flake.
"Trying Burley Flake" = buying a pound.

I like your style.
4 x
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Thelonious monkfish

Fr_Tom wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:59 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:40 pm
Might be a lean year here purchase wise so I took advantage of some sales and coupons to grab a few things at discount. Pound of HH Burley Flake, tub of Granger, and 500g Grasmere. Looking forward to finally trying Burley Flake.
"Trying Burley Flake" = buying a pound.

I like your style.
Thanks, Tom. It is de rigueur around here, one day I'll ante up to the five pound samples.

Here are the arrivals

8 x
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

8 x
Tsal...Knockin' dottle... 🎳
Longshanks

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:45 pm
That Half & Half is great tasting stuff, but it's one of the few tobaccos that bite me every time. I still light it up once in awhile. ;)
5 x
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Longshanks wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:10 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
That Half & Half is great tasting stuff, but it's one of the few tobaccos that bite me every time. I still light it up once in awhile. ;)
I haven't smoked this stuff in years and it reminds me of my dad, he used to smoke it. I get no bite. They need to put nicotine in it though.
4 x
avid

Longshanks wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
bummer, and it says right on the bottom of the pouch, "COOL SMOKING"
4 x
insufferable filter guy
Longshanks

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:35 pm
Longshanks wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
I haven't smoked this stuff in years and it reminds me of my dad, he used to smoke it. I get no bite. They need to put nicotine in it though.
Yep, light on Vit N which is why I figured it for a good daily. I've tried different pipes and smoking methods, didn't matter much. The 1st bowl, not so much bite. 2nd bowl let me know I'd been bit. I'd grab a drink and 3rd bowl would put me out of pipe-smoking commission for the day. I can smoke Carter Hall (or Prince Albert) all day long without bite. But I really like the coconutty flavor of H&H so it kinda bums me out.
5 x
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Longshanks wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:07 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:35 pm
Longshanks wrote:

Yep, light on Vit N which is why I figured it for a good daily. I've tried different pipes and smoking methods, didn't matter much. The 1st bowl, not so much bite. 2nd bowl let me know I'd been bit. I'd grab a drink and 3rd bowl would put me out of pipe-smoking commission for the day. I can smoke Carter Hall (or Prince Albert) all day long without bite. But I really like the coconutty flavor of H&H so it kinda bums me out.
For me once a blend starts biting I stop smoking it, drinking something will only make it worse, it's like salting a wound especially drinks that are carbonated or acidic like coffee.
3 x
Thelonious monkfish

Longshanks wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:07 pm
But I really like the coconutty flavor of H&H so it kinda bums me out.
You've tried Burley Light Without Bite? Different but has a coconut note to me and it allegedly is without bite. A little, or a lot, of Perique is great with it, makes it like chocolate. Also very little nicotine, wish there were more.
4 x
avid

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:32 pm
For me once a blend starts biting I stop smoking it, drinking something will only make it worse, it's like salting a wound especially drinks that are carbonated or acidic like coffee.
there's worse things

6 x
insufferable filter guy