Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:44 am

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:30 am
Peacock wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:14 am
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:57 am
Scottish Cake is yum
Can't wait to try it. Almost grabbed multiple tins but I have such a backstock to try and I want to make sure I like something before going all in. There's so much good tobacco out there I just find myself constantly sampling
I won't discourage variety. There's probably 50 - 60 blends currently open in my rotation. It doesn't matter to me if I'm smoking Carter hall or Stonehaven, the variety and constant changing keeps things fresh and fun
It is one of my favorite things about pipe tobacco, it sates the manic part of my personality. And I think I first saw you mention something about McConnell blends last month. Thanks for the heads up!
This post by Peacock liked by (total 8):
Mr BeardsleyFr_TomJohnnyThelonious monkfishavidBruyere_RoyaleMrm1775Maynard
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:03 am

Peacock wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:44 am
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:30 am
Peacock wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:14 am
Can't wait to try it. Almost grabbed multiple tins but I have such a backstock to try and I want to make sure I like something before going all in. There's so much good tobacco out there I just find myself constantly sampling
I won't discourage variety. There's probably 50 - 60 blends currently open in my rotation. It doesn't matter to me if I'm smoking Carter hall or Stonehaven, the variety and constant changing keeps things fresh and fun
It is one of my favorite things about pipe tobacco, it sates the manic part of my personality. And I think I first saw you mention something about McConnell blends last month. Thanks for the heads up!
I like damn near everything coming from Kohlhase & Kopp (McConnell, wessex, rattray's, Fribourg & Treyer, solani, etc) They seem to keep their lines more compact and concentrate on quality instead of just throwing sh*t against the wall to see what sticks.

This is all just my opinion and the blends just click with me.
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 7):
PeacockFr_TomJohnnyThelonious monkfishBruyere_RoyaleMrm1775Maynard
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Peacock

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:17 pm

Welp, I guess 4noggins doesn't have inventory control either. They just sent me an email and a refund without consulting me for the St. James Flake. This seems like an odd practice - why not offer me some other options than just refund & ship?
This post by Peacock liked by (total 6):
Thelonious monkfishMr BeardsleyBruyere_RoyaleJohnnyMrm1775Maynard
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
houtenziel

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:44 pm

Peacock wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:17 pm
Welp, I guess 4noggins doesn't have inventory control either. They just sent me an email and a refund without consulting me for the St. James Flake. This seems like an odd practice - why not offer me some other options than just refund & ship?
It's 4noggins.. that's how they roll.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 6):
JohnnyPeacockMr BeardsleyThelonious monkfishMrm1775Maynard
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:06 pm

This post by Islayphile liked by (total 13):
houtenzielFr_Tom9 IronMr BeardsleyJohnnyPeacockThelonious monkfishavidBruyere_RoyaleMrm1775Ellis YouMaynardLongshanks
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:27 am

Islayphile wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:06 pm
black nostril club.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 6):
Fr_TomPeacockJohnnyMr BeardsleyIslayphileThelonious monkfish
Tsal... 🎳 Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Mrm1775

Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:47 pm

One order made it in.
This post by Mrm1775 liked by (total 10):
PeacockavidEllis YouMr BeardsleyJohnnyFr_TomBruyere_RoyaleIslayphileThelonious monkfishLongshanks
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:45 pm

Mrm1775 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:47 pm
One order made it in.
Nice! :thumbs:
This post by Johnny liked by (total 6):
Mrm1775PeacockFr_TomBruyere_RoyaleIslayphileThelonious monkfish
steamboat

Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:10 pm

I just put a Watch City Cigar order i for

16oz Watch City Slices
8oz Watch City Black Magic
8oz Watch City The Churchwarden

All these blends are new to me, and never smoked any of them. First order placed in over a year, hopefully spice things up for me. My pipes have been resting, been on a cigar hiatus. I also got a new job with an airline and get free travel, so that's where the cigar hiatus started. Easier to travel with. I was in Charlotte North Carolina, for a week of training, i totally forgot about McCranies .......
This post by steamboat liked by (total 7):
Bruyere_RoyaleMr BeardsleyPeacockJohnnyFr_TomMrm1775Thelonious monkfish
Peacock

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:42 pm

steamboat wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:10 pm
I just put a Watch City Cigar order i for

16oz Watch City Slices
8oz Watch City Black Magic
8oz Watch City The Churchwarden

All these blends are new to me, and never smoked any of them. First order placed in over a year, hopefully spice things up for me. My pipes have been resting, been on a cigar hiatus. I also got a new job with an airline and get free travel, so that's where the cigar hiatus started. Easier to travel with. I was in Charlotte North Carolina, for a week of training, i totally forgot about McCranies .......
Welcome back! Haven't tried any of those but have been impressed with every Watch City blend I've tried. Ernie is a magician!
This post by Peacock liked by (total 4):
JohnnyFr_TomMrm1775Thelonious monkfish