Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

racinghoss

Bought a couple bulk ozs of Early Morning Pipe and Nightcap at a local shop. Also bought a tin of 3 Nuns. The place was expensive though.
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

racinghoss wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:24 am Bought a couple bulk ozs of Early Morning Pipe and Nightcap at a local shop. Also bought a tin of 3 Nuns. The place was expensive though.
Consider yourself lucky that you have a local shop. Here there are two "smoke shops". They both sell a lot of smoking accessories for non-tobacco use.....
The one down the road sells MM cobs for pretty cheap ($4.19 each) and the one downstairs from me sells CH and PA pouches for $7 each
oubobcat

I have a couple nearby B&M places that have some tins and some of their own bulk tobaccos. However, while I like the idea of dealing with locally owned shops they are across the board more expensive than online sources...even adding in shipping. In addition they don't have the selection even considered together. For example no local ship handles Kramer's Father Dempsey in bulk or tin except Smokingpipes.com...as far as I know, they are the only online source as well.
I can find things like Half & Half, Prince Albert etc. in some drug stores etc.

OUB
Big fan for Kramer's Father Dempsey
racinghoss

I am lucky enough to have a shop in a local mall (the Mondo expensive joint that I scored the dunhill bulk stuff), an old school pipe shop that is very local, and Boswell's is an hour away.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:45 pm I am going to suggest trying the OGS first.
I'll +1 this and add a nod toward Escudo, since you probably need to jar these anyway. :thumbs:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

I just got a lightly smoked, smooth Dr Grabow Eldorado quarter bent Dublin from "that" auction site. Also 1 pound of Sutliff Match Elizabethan, a pound and a half of Sutliff Matured Red Virginia 515 RC, a tin of Golden Triangle South Vacherie, and a 3.5 oz tin of Mac Baren Navy Flake. That should last me for the rest of the month, since it's a short one.
Grimpeur

After dawdling, hemming and hawing, sitting on the fence, and dragging my feet, I succumbed: a box of GH Broken Flake No.7 is starting its journey to me.

Now all I have to hope for is a distracted customs officer...
Peacock

Longshanks wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:55 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:45 pm I am going to suggest trying the OGS first.
I'll +1 this and add a nod toward Escudo, since you probably need to jar these anyway. :thumbs:
Smoked the OGS yesterday and did NOT like it. Though I think it was the pipe - needed a good cleaning, came through smoky and sour. Was planning on jarring most of this anyways, so I’ll set aside an oz and give it a few more tries
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

OfPipeAndPen wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:41 am
Longshanks wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:55 am
Smoked the OGS yesterday and did NOT like it. Though I think it was the pipe - needed a good cleaning, came through smoky and sour. Was planning on jarring most of this anyways, so I’ll set aside an oz and give it a few more tries
For what it's worth, I really dislike the grass and hay flavors in OGS, along with it's weird citrus topping.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Well, I was so impressed with my first bowl of ODF last night that I decided to place another tobacco order today so I could have much more ODF on hand. :thumbs:

1lb ODF
4oz Kendal Dark
1 tin Maltese Falcon
1 tin Navigator
5 packs of bristle cleaners

Now I have to make a trip to get more jars to store all that ODF!