morleysson

sisyphus
Person of Interest

Bob Runowski, morleysson on the forums, was a prolific pipe forum user. When I started smoking a pipe I ran into Bob on no less than three forums. His contributions were many and always insightful. He was instrumental in beginning my education on all things Burley. He was a great lover of Burley and a historian of American pipe tobacco.

His blends for Cornell and Diehl are almost all classics that many of us have cellared deep, and he has several Benchmark Burleys to his name.
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/search?Bl ... b+Runowski

I never saw a negative word from Bob, his posts were often long and extremely educational, and his enthusiasm for tobacco was evident and contagious. I never met Bob in person, but I felt as close as you can to someone who you only know as a fellow forum user. I've missed him since his death and think of him often.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

He was a true gentleman. He sent me many samples of his blends and in sizeable proportions. Some of the blends weren't even on the market yet. We both started smoking a pipe the same year and I learned more about pipes & tobacco from Bob then any other person. He is greatly missed by all who knew him. Thanks for posting your heartfelt words Sisyphus.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Runowski was also a genius. I had no dealings with him, but I am likely to smoke anything he created by the pound.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:51 pm Runowski was also a genius. I had no dealings with him, but I am likely to smoke anything he created by the pound.
I also smoke pounds of his blends. Though not as much as you three probably have
Billy Joe

What a fantastic legacy he left behind. He lived in my part of the country, but I sadly never met him.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Wildcrow wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:44 pm
I also smoke pounds of his blends. Though not as much as you three probably have
That can be fixed.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Yes. I'm working round the clock to do so.