Muddler

sisyphus
Person of Interest

Muddler, Mike Mitchley from South Africa, was a friend and mentor who helped solidify my preference for English pipes. Mike was on all of the pipe forums, so I was already acquainted with him when I landed in a smokersforum group called The Streets of London, dedicated to London Made pipes. This was before the crash and clean slate restart of smokersforums, back when that place had some crazy membership number that was five digits. There was never and will never be again a pipe forum with so much knowledge and experience, and it is a great shame that all that content is lost forever. The Streets of London group alone probably had an archive of info regarding English pipes that no longer exists on the web.

Mike was fond of GBDs, and was the guy that introduced me to Orlik pipes, one of my great pipe passions. Mike was amiable, mature, a reassuring presence on the forums that I have missed for years and was very sad when I heard that he had passed.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

sisyphus wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 2:15 pm Muddler, Mike Mitchley from South Africa, was a friend and mentor who helped solidify my preference for English pipes. Mike was on all of the pipe forums, so I was already acquainted with him when I landed in a smokersforum group called The Streets of London, dedicated to London Made pipes. This was before the crash and clean slate restart of smokersforums, back when that place had some crazy membership number that was five digits. There was never and will never be again a pipe forum with so much knowledge and experience, and it is a great shame that all that content is lost forever. The Streets of London group alone probably had an archive of info regarding English pipes that no longer exists on the web.

Mike was fond of GBDs, and was the guy that introduced me to Orlik pipes, one of my great pipe passions. Mike was amiable, mature, a reassuring presence on the forums that I have missed for years and was very sad when I heard that he had passed.
I s mike not around any more ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

No
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Damn .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.