Going over to the dark side or, Yes it's a Brylon!

Bamarick

Fri May 10, 2019 12:04 pm

I simply couldn't pass up this Yello-Bole Brylon Standard at the low price of $6.99 + $4.50 shipping for a grand total of $11.49! It was never smoked, but after a rudimentary cleaning using Everclear I solved that problem by smoking a bowl of PA in it. The only thing I don't care fir is that the bowl got too hot to handle no matter how slow I smoked it. I wound up having to hold it by the stem. For the price I'm extremely pleased and now I'm ready for the Brylon Challenge :D
This post by Bamarick liked by (total 8):
houtenzielMr Beardsley9 IronBruyere_RoyaleFr_TomKevin KeithMiddle EarthMaynard
Just an old retired Telephone Man enjoying life one day at a time.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fri May 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Bamarick wrote:
I simply couldn't pass up this Yello-Bole Brylon Standard at the low price of $6.99 + $4.50 shipping for a grand total of $11.49! It was never smoked, but after a rudimentary cleaning using Everclear I solved that problem by smoking a bowl of PA in it. The only thing I don't care fir is that the bowl got too hot to handle no matter how slow I smoked it. I wound up having to hold it by the stem. For the price I'm extremely pleased and now I'm ready for the Brylon Challenge :D
Very nice! A little cake buildup goes a long way in the brylon. At least it seems to help in the one I have
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 5):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_TomBamarickMiddle EarthMaynard
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Fri May 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Nice!

Don't wipe the chamber while it's warm, the honey coating will come right off. Mine gets warm but never hot, but then again our sense of touch is as individual as a thumb print.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 5):
Mr BeardsleyFr_TomBamarickMiddle EarthMaynard
Tsal... 🎳
dademoss

Fri May 10, 2019 3:49 pm

It's always fun to try new things, and see how they work :) My Brylon smoked hot and wasn't nearly as nice as a cobb, so it has been banished to the darkest corner of the collection.
This post by dademoss liked by (total 3):
BamarickMiddle EarthMaynard
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fri May 10, 2019 4:15 pm

Bamarick wrote:
Good lookin'! All set for the August Brylon Challenge!
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 4):
Mr BeardsleyBamarickMiddle EarthMaynard
Bamarick

Fri May 10, 2019 5:47 pm

dademoss wrote:
It's always fun to try new things, and see how they work :) My Brylon smoked hot and wasn't nearly as nice as a cobb, so it has been banished to the darkest corner of the collection.
My one & only Cob smokes as good as any pipe in my meager collection. It mostly sees PA & Carter Hall and both are great in it. Simple Tobaccos for a simple pipe!
This post by Bamarick liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyMiddle EarthMaynard
9 Iron
Founding Member

Fri May 10, 2019 5:52 pm

A couple of hints with brylon, pack a fair bit looser than you think you should and don’t tamp down too tight, and smoke ssslllooooowwwww..... don’t aim for “No Relights”, you want lots of relights.
This post by 9 Iron liked by (total 4):
BamarickMr BeardsleyMiddle EarthMaynard
Bamarick

Fri May 10, 2019 5:56 pm

9 Iron wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:52 pm
A couple of hints with brylon, pack a fair bit looser than you think you should and don’t tamp down too tight, and smoke ssslllooooowwwww..... don’t aim for “No Relights”, you want lots of relights.
Thank you for the advice, I'll try my best to remember.
This post by Bamarick liked by:
Middle Earth
Middle Earth

Fri May 10, 2019 6:21 pm

dademoss wrote:
I would like to join in. But I cannot go there. I can't comment, as I have not been there and done that.
It do seem real American. I like that.