Ebay finds

Surlywill

My eBay haul. All for $30 including shipping. The top one I rusticated. It was in bad shape. I took all the bowls down to bare briar and salt treated. A couple of the pipes had an awful floral ghost. The pot I had to restain. Not the prettiest but have smoked the falcon and top two and they smoke great. Easy way to get some beater pipes. :clap:
“ If A is a success in life, then A=X+Y+Z. Work is X; Y is play; and Z is keeping your mouth shut.”
- Albert Einstein
vwdeano

Looks like a STEAL of a deal. congrats!
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.
Middle Earth

Agree, that is a great deal and the swear-equity is well worth it.
You got some nice smokers
That is what counts
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

The Pipe In Red:

I'll never forget the first time I saw you on eBay. You were way overpriced, but I just had to have you.
JTWilliams

Surlywill wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:51 pm Image

My eBay haul. All for $30 including shipping. The top one I rusticated. It was in bad shape. I took all the bowls down to bare briar and salt treated. A couple of the pipes had an awful floral ghost. The pot I had to restain. Not the prettiest but have smoked the falcon and top two and they smoke great. Easy way to get some beater pipes. :clap:
I've run into some steals at antique shops and did the same kind of thing. What do you do about the stems? (that part kinda grosses me out)
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Dr Uhaha

JTWilliams wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:17 am

I've run into some steals at antique shops and did the same kind of thing. What do you do about the stems? (that part kinda grosses me out)
I don't know about Surlywill, but I put even perfect estate pipe stems in a jar full of Everclear for a day, and thereafter scrub them with a Mr. Clean white sponge and dip them briefly in bleach before rinsing.

May sound like a lot, but one time I popped an estate pipe in my mouth after only a brief water and soap rub down and I ended up with an infection in my mouth. Total vigilance is required when dealing with estate pipe stems.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

What a great score 👍
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
JTWilliams

Bro Uhaha wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:35 pm

I don't know about Surlywill, but I put even perfect estate pipe stems in a jar full of Everclear for a day, and thereafter scrub them with a Mr. Clean white sponge and dip them briefly in bleach before rinsing.

May sound like a lot, but one time I popped an estate pipe in my mouth after only a brief water and soap rub down and I ended up with an infection in my mouth. Total vigilance is required when dealing with estate pipe stems.
That sounds like a damn horror movie. It's probably sacrilege, but I've considered getting no-name replacement stems (but keeping the originals in the event that I want to trade or 'bay them).
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Dr Uhaha

JTWilliams wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:31 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:35 pm

That sounds like a damn horror movie. It's probably sacrilege, but I've considered getting no-name replacement stems (but keeping the originals in the event that I want to trade or 'bay them).
It was as bad as you can imagine.
I learned my d*mn lesson.
Dr Uhaha

Alright Potmasters:

Is this Ben Wade worth $47.95, with shipping?