Dr. Grabow CDL / Freehand

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:48 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:40 pm
Man that CDL is niiicee. The freehand is a really cool shape that you don't see as often these days. Will be curious to see what you think of both.
The cdl was in incredible shape, really. 5 minutes of work and it is set. The freehand is rode hard (tells me it was a good smoker) so I'm taking a little more time to clean it & may even do a light sand and refinish. The lacquer coat is more beat up than the pictures show, the top is pretty well charred / caked, and the stem is rough. All fixable, I just want to take the time and do it right
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 7):
houtenzielKevin KeithRusticatedFr_TomtedThelonious monkfishMikeDennison
May contain lead paint
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:17 pm

Finished up the freehand. Ended up sanding it down (stamping is all still there) and refinishing it, reworked the stem substantially. Didn't stain it, that's just the color it took with a coat of oil. Has a medium sheen to it after a few rubbed coats of wax and if I want a glassy shine I may drop it off to my buddy to run through the buffer when he has time
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 6):
Fr_TomKevin KeithhoutenzielMikeDennisonThelonious monkfishRusticated
May contain lead paint
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Finished up the freehand. Ended up sanding it down (stamping is all still there) and refinishing it, reworked the stem substantially. Didn't stain it, that's just the color it took with a coat of oil. Has a medium sheen to it after a few rubbed coats of wax and if I want a glassy shine I may drop it off to my buddy to run through the buffer when he has time
Very nice. The 08 is one of the most popular of the Freehands. WV actually charges more for them!
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 4):
Mr BeardsleyMikeDennisonThelonious monkfishRusticated
houtenziel

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Nice work!
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 4):
Mr BeardsleyMikeDennisonThelonious monkfishRusticated
I like big buttons and I can not lie.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:50 pm

Thanks fellas. I'm pleased as plum with it
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonThelonious monkfishRusticated
May contain lead paint
MikeDennison
Member in Good Standing

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:35 am

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Beauty!
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 4):
Mr BeardsleyFr_TomThelonious monkfishRusticated