Meerschaum Pot

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Just found this Meer Pot on the bay, which you almost never see. Only an hour left!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Meersc ... ition=3000
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Looks like a 3/4" chamber (hard to say for sure from just a photo) and I like my pots bigger. I won't be tossing any bids at that one but she's a beauty
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:48 pm Looks like a 3/4" chamber (hard to say for sure from just a photo) and I like my pots bigger. I won't be tossing any bids at that one but she's a beauty
It does have some pretty beefy walls. If it were cheaper I'd say someone should have a go at boring it out.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:50 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:48 pm Looks like a 3/4" chamber (hard to say for sure from just a photo) and I like my pots bigger. I won't be tossing any bids at that one but she's a beauty
It does have some pretty beefy walls. If it were cheaper I'd say someone should have a go at boring it out.
Yeah. Probably by the time I had everything done to it that I'd want it would put me in the neighborhood of new meer money
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

If it was African Meer I'd be hard pressed to leave it alone, regardless of chamber size. I like them all, ones I can't fit a pinky in to tamp with and ones that swallow my thumb.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Looks like it sold. Evil-bay took me to a Peterson meer to tease me with instead... dirty rotten scoundrels. 8-)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Estate ... 1438.l2649
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

That's really nice looking
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Longshanks wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:40 pm Looks like it sold. Evil-bay took me to a Peterson meer to tease me with instead... dirty rotten scoundrels. 8-)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Estate ... 1438.l2649
That meer looks familiar... Except it has a nickel ferrule instead of silver