Good news

rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Only 34 more days until spring training games start.
LETS GO BUCS!!!!!!
Last edited by rlucas on Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bucs... like Tampa bay bucs
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

I'm ready for baseball now that college football is over. I love college baseball more than MLB, but either is way better than basketball.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Gotcha ... I'm looking forward to some baseball too :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Middle Earth

Missouri has many great things smoking related
But #1 great thing is the Cardinals
Hope the Pirates do right by you
I pray we make one big move, Nolan James Arenado
Then I will be content
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Middle Earth wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:35 pm Missouri has many great things smoking related
But #1 great thing is the Cardinals
Hope the Pirates do right by you
I pray we make one big move, Nolan James Arenado
Then I will be content
Good luck to your Cards. As a Pirates fan for 40+ yrs I have learned to pray for 100 wins and be happy with 82. Signing Guillermo Heredia made the outfield better but we need still a pitching rotation worth a crap.
Lets Go Bucs!!!!
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Ellis You wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:54 pm I'm ready for baseball now that college football is over. I love college baseball more than MLB, but either is way better than basketball.
We have pretty good minor league team here. Our Lexington Legends have been Single-A SAL champs 2yrs straight.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ellis You wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:54 pm I'm ready for baseball now that college football is over. I love college baseball more than MLB, but either is way better than basketball.
Oh man, me too! I have big hopes for my TCU Horned Frogs this year...All aboard for Omaha!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

rlucas wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:17 am
We have pretty good minor league team here. Our Lexington Legends have been Single-A SAL champs 2yrs straight.
The last year that I coached 6 and under (tee ball), I picked the Lexington Legends for our team name. I loved the handlebar mustache logo, so I grew one for that season.

MInor League ball is a great entertainment value and a perfect outing for families with kids. Sadly, I read a few weeks ago that MLB is considering shutting down many minor league teams, and that will be terrible news to the cities that invested in stadiums for them. The only upside to the contraction is that they are going to pay the players a little more. Not many folks realize that most players in the minors earn less minimum wage, counting all the hours they put in for practice and travel.
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:39 am
Oh man, me too! I have big hopes for my TCU Horned Frogs this year...All aboard for Omaha!
How cool would it be for TCU and LSU to play the championship series in Omaha this year? There would be lots of purple in the stands for sure!