What's for Dessert?

User avatar
avid
Senior Member
Posts: 2470
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Let's see, two at each location, will start t add up. Stop in before heading down to join @Whalehead King in Nawlins...

15 places to eat mouthwatering paczki in the Detroit area
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

avid wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:29 pm
Let's see, two at each location, will start t add up. Stop in before heading down to join @Whalehead King in Nawlins...

15 places to eat mouthwatering paczki in the Detroit area
What is this,? Polish food? I used to live in the Polish Triangle in Boston and I don't remember these.

Are paczki just a Detroit thing?
This post by Whalehead King liked by:
avid
User avatar
avid
Senior Member
Posts: 2470
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:24 pm
avid wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:29 pm
Let's see, two at each location, will start t add up. Stop in before heading down to join @Whalehead King in Nawlins...

15 places to eat mouthwatering paczki in the Detroit area
What is this,? Polish food? I used to live in the Polish Triangle in Boston and I don't remember these.

Are paczki just a Detroit thing?
not really, pazcki are a polish, sweet delicacy traditionally reserved for indulgence, or over-indulgence, on Shrove Tuesday...not quite the no-holds-bar of mardi gras. Detroit is/was a large bastion of poles, and the cultural tradition is big in these parts and celebrated by all, which you can tell by seeing all the various iterations.

ground zero is a burb called Hamtramck, where they follow a simple, doughy recipe, deep fry in lard, and fill with various fruit fillings, or custard. Probably the most popular and traditional are prune filled. also the ones fried in lard are easy to tell, they turn dark brown.

the poles also particularly celebrate the feast of St. Joseph, but this does not include pazcki
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

avid wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:41 pm
Whalehead King wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:24 pm
avid wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:29 pm
Let's see, two at each location, will start t add up. Stop in before heading down to join @Whalehead King in Nawlins...

15 places to eat mouthwatering paczki in the Detroit area
What is this,? Polish food? I used to live in the Polish Triangle in Boston and I don't remember these.

Are paczki just a Detroit thing?
not really, pazcki are a polish, sweet delicacy traditionally reserved for indulgence, or over-indulgence, on Shrove Tuesday...not quite the no-holds-bar of mardi gras. Detroit is/was a large bastion of poles, and the cultural tradition is big in these parts and celebrated by all, which you can tell by seeing all the various iterations.

ground zero is a burb called Hamtramck, where they follow a simple, doughy recipe, deep fry in lard, and fill with various fruit fillings, or custard. Probably the most popular and traditional are prune filled. also the ones fried in lard are easy to tell, they turn dark brown.

the poles also particularly celebrate the feast of St. Joseph, but this does not include pazcki
St. Joseph's Day is a big day in New Orleans, too, and it is very different from Mardi Gras Day.

I see we're getting off topic, though.
This post by Whalehead King liked by:
avid
User avatar
avid
Senior Member
Posts: 2470
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

avid wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:41 pm
not quite the no-holds-bar of mardi gras
maybe i spoke too soon

Detroit City Distillery brews up paczki vodka just in time for Fat Tuesday
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
User avatar
avid
Senior Member
Posts: 2470
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:01 pm
I see we're getting off topic, though.
that's ok there will be pleny of calories and carbs ahead
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

[media][/media]
avid wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:16 pm
Whalehead King wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:01 pm
I see we're getting off topic, though.
that's ok there will be pleny of calories and carbs ahead
I'll be whistling all the way to dessert.

This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 2):
avidEllis You
User avatar
avid
Senior Member
Posts: 2470
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Image
This post by avid liked by:
Ellis You
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
User avatar
avid
Senior Member
Posts: 2470
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Put two in the freeze which I’ll take out at the appropriate time

Image
This post by avid liked by:
Ellis You
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 4294
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Texas

We made a pan of Duncan Hines brownies last night and added a buttload of pecans. MM mm, good!
Post Reply