What's For Lunch?

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

How did we miss this meal, lunch, maybe the one we look forward to most of all?

Today I made a version of what we called Spanish Noodles when I was growing up. I remember my dad making this, not my mother. I don't know where he got it from, maybe he made it up. I really don't know. Anyway, it's a noodle dish. Fry up bacon pieces, fry onion and bell pepper in the grease, add salt and chili powder. In the meantime, boil your egg noodles. I didn't have any on hand so
i used a box of penne I had. [mention]Ruffinogold[/mention] should approve. You can cook up some ground beef and throw that in if you want, I didn't today. Mix the noodles with the onion/peppers and have at it. That's lunch today, with bread or tortillas.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Middle Earth

That looks real good
I am having a red bell pepper
One large Roma tomato
Quinoa
Nutritional yeast
Arizona Peppers Jalapeno Pepper Sauce

Dinner is
Green Beans
Carrots
Potato
Nutritional yeast
Arizona Peppers Jalapeno Pepper Sauce

Supper is my Super Protein Smoothie with almond milk, hemp protein, green powders, and blueberries

That is what I eat every freaking day with some exceptions

Not as tasty as your's but works for me
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:40 am How did we miss this meal, lunch, maybe the one we look forward to most of all?

Today I made a version of what we called Spanish Noodles when I was growing up. I remember my dad making this, not my mother. I don't know where he got it from, maybe he made it up. I really don't know. Anyway, it's a noodle dish. Fry up bacon pieces, fry onion and bell pepper in the grease, add salt and chili powder. In the meantime, boil your egg noodles. I didn't have any on hand so
i used a box of penne I had. [mention]Ruffinogold[/mention] should approve. You can cook up some ground beef and throw that in if you want, I didn't today. Mix the noodles with the onion/peppers and have at it. That's lunch today, with bread or tortillas.

That looks tasty..! I bet some Spanish chorizo in there would be good too! Gonna try it. Thanks for the recipe. 👍
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Today I had a tuna sandwich with giardiniera and chips on the side.
The Troll Whisperer
vwdeano

The missus and I went to Kingfish for lunch after church...

Fried scrod, french fries, hush puppies, and slaw. Excellent stuff. especially the scrod.
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.
vwdeano

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:40 am How did we miss this meal, lunch, maybe the one we look forward to most of all?

Gotta say, that looks GOOD.
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.
avid

if i'm eating three square meals a day my weight is spiralng out of control
insufferable filter guy
avid

regardless i will try this
insufferable filter guy
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I asked for a grilled cheese with bacon and was given this instead. :evil:
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:16 pm I asked for a grilled cheese with bacon and was given this instead. :evil:
I'd take that any day! Pass the gabagool
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!