What Do You Do On Thanksgiving?

CoreyR
Founding Member

My family used to gather for Turkey day. My brother and his family, me and mine, all would gather with my folks. Now my folks are dead. My first wife and son are also deceased, My brother and his family have moved...rather far away.
Since my daughter went in the Coast Guard I started going camping with my dog on Thanksgiving. I work for the state and have most of the week off. I take two extra days and POOF! A week off with almost no leave time. Great fall camping trip. I remarried almost 5 years ago now and my current wife likes that idea. We have no children, just our dogs, so we take a trip every year, either with our travel trailer or, if we can get it, to a little cabin we know up in the Blue Ridge, near Meadows of Dan, Virginia.
This year we are going to cut the trip short and come home one Wednesday so that my daughter can come for Turkey day. I tried to get her to go camping with us but, since she left the service, she does NOTHING but sit at home. Sigh. At her age I was hiking the AT, and every other trail I could get on, as much as work would allow. What is up with kids today?
Tsal
Forum Decorum

:ugeek:
CoreyR wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:02 pm My family used to gather for Turkey day. My brother and his family, me and mine, all would gather with my folks. Now my folks are dead. My first wife and son are also deceased, My brother and his family have moved...rather far away.
Since my daughter went in the Coast Guard I started going camping with my dog on Thanksgiving. I work for the state and have most of the week off. I take two extra days and POOF! A week off with almost no leave time. Great fall camping trip. I remarried almost 5 years ago now and my current wife likes that idea. We have no children, just our dogs, so we take a trip every year, either with our travel trailer or, if we can get it, to a little cabin we know up in the Blue Ridge, near Meadows of Dan, Virginia.
This year we are going to cut the trip short and come home one Wednesday so that my daughter can come for Turkey day. I tried to get her to go camping with us but, since she left the service, she does NOTHING but sit at home. Sigh. At her age I was hiking the AT, and every other trail I could get on, as much as work would allow. What is up with kids today?
Sorry to hear about your folks, your first wife and son..
The Troll Whisperer