Tabasco
Original
Chipotle
Green
Louisiana
Sriracha
Sriracha garlic sauce
Cholula

Then there are the ever present ball jars, one full of pickled Jalapenos Escabeche and the other Chipotles.
The Troll Whisperer
Mongo

I have tried all the varieties of Cholula, and like the green best. Always have a bottle of sriracha in the fridge too.
Whalehead King

Mongo wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:11 am I have tried all the varieties of Cholula, and like the green best. Always have a bottle of sriracha in the fridge too.
I buy the smallest bottles of sriracha because when I buy a big bottle, it's pleasantly hot the first couple squirts but, as time goes on, it loses it's heat. I don't keep it in the fridge, which may be the answer to this conundrum. Instead, I add a little ghost pepper sauce as the contents of the sriracha bottle dwindle. Still that same good sriracha flavor but I need to keep replenishing the heat.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I love hot sauces, too...but not heat for the sake of heat. A buddy of mine had a bottle of that stuff you've gotta sign waivers to buy, or something. It was inSANE, but all it did was make everything go numb and tasteless except for that horrible, horrible burning sensation.

My faves are, in this order;
1. Caribbean hot sauces (scotch bonnet based), with my favorite being a Bahamian yellow sauce.
2. Habenero based sauces for any sort of Mexican food.
3. Sriracha on the right kinda stuff is amazing. Gimme a bowl of ramen noodles with this stuff and I'm in heaven.
3. Louisiana Hot Sauce or Franks for yer general run of the mill adding a bit of zip to something.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

mrpipster wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:48 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:39 pm I forgot to add (and I'm glad I remembered because I need to place an order) for the guys who like a lot of flavor but not a ton of heat: Big Island Peppers Hawaiian pepper vinegar. It became a favorite of mine on a trip to the island. There's far more to it than just peppers and vinegar, it separates big time in the bottle so shake it up to get all the goodness. Now I'm off to place an order
Thanks Mr B!
I am finding that the older I get the less heat I can tolerate.
Got a link to that one?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

mrpipster wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:55 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:39 pm I forgot to add (and I'm glad I remembered because I need to place an order) for the guys who like a lot of flavor but not a ton of heat: Big Island Peppers Hawaiian pepper vinegar. It became a favorite of mine on a trip to the island. There's far more to it than just peppers and vinegar, it separates big time in the bottle so shake it up to get all the goodness. Now I'm off to place an order
Thanks Mr B!
Got a link to that one?
I was ready to point you directly to the sauce but the site seems to be down. Not sure if the volcanic activity or the hurricane and flooding may have affected them and their business. Here's the listed number if you'd care to call 808-769-1153
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:24 am
mrpipster wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:55 pm

Thanks Mr B!
Got a link to that one?
I was ready to point you directly to the sauce but the site seems to be down. Not sure if the volcanic activity or the hurricane and flooding may have affected them and their business. Here's the listed number if you'd care to call 808-769-1153
Thanks man!
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I am taking Yellowbird Habanero Condiment off my essential list and putting Yucateco green back on. The problem with Yellowbird is that it's just so damn carrot-y. Too much carrot in that base, makes it oddly sweet in a sort of off putting way. It is the bomb on pizza though.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I'm growing senile. I forgot we had this hot sauce thread and that I've already posted in it.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Funny enough I just picked up a bottle of yucateco green the other day. Next trip to the store I may grab a bottle of the yucateco xxxtra hot just for giggles
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin