The PSF White Bread Thread

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:03 pm It was this ...

Of course it was...what else would a good Italian mama serve a sandwich on but Roman Meal! :king:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

arturo7 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:47 am Joe Friday was a wise man.
Well, he was a confirmed bachelor so I have a hard time disagreeing with you. :lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:04 pm How about a few contributions from the rest of y'all? I might need to expand my repertoire. :lol: :awesome:
I don't eat the following item often because Mrs. King looks down her nose when I buy it. "Why, oh WHY do you bring these things into our house? I can cook, you know?" I do know that. She's an excellent cook. She says the same thing when I bring pork rinds home. She's concerned for my health. Moderation in all things, I always say. I'm a regular Socrates.

I like Underwood Chicken Spread---and I don't even like chicken as a general rule. For some reason, Underwood chicken appeals to a deep-seated hunger in my soul. I like the Underwood Roast Beef Spread, too. I'm not a big fan of their signature product, the deviled ham from which they get their logo. Underwood chicken is in a class by itself. I like how the can is wrapped in paper, too, for mysterious reasons I can't fathom. No regular glued-on label for Underwood. Every can is wrapped like a present, or like a machine made Villiger cigar.

I prefer to keep the Devil behind me, but when it comes to the Underwood Devil, I like it in my belly.

No spread needed for any of these sandwiches. I'm a simple man with simple tastes. Don't mess with perfection.

A brief tutorial on the Underwood family of products:

I agree: the diagonal cut is a man's cut. As I think about it, though, it's also a grandma's cut. It's the one slice of a knife that is for everyone. The People's Choice!
Last edited by Whalehead King on Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:20 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:47 pm

It's mesmerizing.
I keep coming back to this. I can't stop watching. :oops:
I think it's located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, of all places. So many good things are found in Indiana---people just have to know where to look for them. ;)
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:40 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:04 pm How about a few contributions from the rest of y'all? I might need to expand my repertoire. :lol: :awesome:
I don't eat it often because Mrs. King looks down her nose when I buy it, but I like Underwood Chicken Spread---and I don't even like chicken as a general rule. For some reason, Underwood chicken appeals to a deep-seated hunger in my soul. I like the Underwood Roast Beef Spread, too. I'm not a big fan of their signature product, the deviled ham from which they get their logo.

I prefer to keep the Devil behind me, but when it comes to the Underwood Devil, I like it in my belly.

No spread needed for any of these sandwiches. I'm a simple man with simple tastes. Don't mess with perfection.

A brief tutorial on the Underwood family of products:

I agree: the diagonal cut is a man's cut. As I think about it, though, it's also a grandma's cut. It's the one slice of a knife that is for everyone. The People's Choice!
OMG, yes...Underwoods! I do love the deviled ham though. One of the smaller cans (yes, the whole thing)spread onto one slice of Mrs Baird's white bread, the other with a healthy a squeeze of French's yellow mustard. Mm mm, good! The other spreads are good too, but that ham. oh man!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:47 pm
OMG, yes...Underwoods! I do love the deviled ham though. One of the smaller cans (yes, the whole thing)spread onto one slice of Mrs Baird's white bread, the other with a healthy a squeeze of French's yellow mustard. Mm mm, good! The other spreads are good too, but that ham. oh man!
Underwood: They have something for everyone.

Speaking of the Devil:

Last edited by Whalehead King on Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Now I want a fried egg sammich
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Or egg salad. Either option would be awesome right now
Whalehead King

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:56 pm Or egg salad. Either option would be awesome right now
I like egg salad but my favorite is tuna salad, something that seems to be impossible to find in New Orleans. It's just not part of the culture. One of my favorite things is stopping at New Jersey Turnpike diner and getting a tuna club----on white bread, of course!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Whalehead King wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:58 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:56 pm Or egg salad. Either option would be awesome right now
I like egg salad but my favorite is tuna salad, something that seems to be impossible to find in New Orleans. It's just not part of the culture. One of my favorite things is stopping at New Jersey Turnpike diner and getting a tuna club----on white bread, of course!
My mom used to make a sandwich she called a Catalina (I assume named after the island off the CA coast but I never asked) it was built like a club with 3 slices of white toast. Mayo a slice and put down a layer of tuna salad, top with a bit of lettuce. Mayo both sides of the middle piece of toast and slap on a layer of egg salad, top with tomato. Mayo one side of the last piece of toast and cut into (diagonal) quarters.