6%
Smooth
39%
Either...I just love peanut butter!
56%

Total votes: 18
ncrobb
Founding Member

Man oh man, I love me some peanut butter. Smooth, crunchy, I don’t care. As part of our wedding vows I had the preacher say to my wife “to have, to hold and to make sure there is always peanut butter in the house til death do us part”! And she has done a fantastic job. Love my lady!!

Just kiddin in the vows but my wife does make siren we have PB.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Whalehead King

houtenziel wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:22 pm On the topic of crunch vs smooth vs both, peanut butter lovers are pretty easy going folk. Even if you prefer smooth, most will eat either - including myself.
Au contraire mon frère. I may be the exception that proves the rule but I'll turn up my nose at creamy.

That's why I've never been a fan of Peter Pan Peanut Butter. Too smooth. Too creamy. It's not for me.

The voice in this commercial is, of course, the inimitable Sterling Holloway, a man who looked like he sounded and, no he didn't look like Winnie the Pooh.
Whalehead King

BTW, the poll has been reset. If you voted before, you'll have to vote again so that we can get an accurate tally with the new third option.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

If we really want this thread to get contentious, we should discuss real peanut butter* vs the stuff with additives and chemicals in it.

* real peanut butter - Peanuts and salt. Nothing else.
ever forward
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

arturo7 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:55 pm If we really want this thread to get contentious, we should discuss real peanut butter* vs the stuff with additives and chemicals in it.

You mean like the stuff they put in resses peanut butter cups?
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Whalehead King

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:32 pm
arturo7 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:55 pm If we really want this thread to get contentious, we should discuss real peanut butter* vs the stuff with additives and chemicals in it.

Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger. Have you got 12 minutes to waste watching old commercials?

I've been buying a Butterfinger a day recently because I broke a tooth on jawbreakers so I need a softer middle-of-the-afternoon treat. It doesn't even taste like peanut butter and I wouldn't say it's particularly crunchy. A Butterfinger is like a bar of sugar and----something. I've eaten three of them this week though so it must be something.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:20 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:32 pm

Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger. Have you got 12 minutes to waste watching old commercials?

I've been buying a Butterfinger a day recently because I broke a tooth on jawbreakers so I need a softer middle-of-the-afternoon treat. It doesn't even taste like peanut butter and I wouldn't say it's particularly crunchy. A Butterfinger is like a bar of sugar and----something. I've eaten three of them this week though so it must be something.
That something is probably the feeling of diabetes onset.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I've been following this poll closely, and it looks like peanut butter is winning!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Whalehead King

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:11 pm I've been following this poll closely, and it looks like peanut butter is winning!
Even if they included fluffernutter, peanut butter would be winning.

What's that glop where the jelly is mixed with peanut butter in the jar already? Stop. I'm giving myself a headache. :arrow:
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:48 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:11 pm I've been following this poll closely, and it looks like peanut butter is winning!
Even if they included fluffernutter, peanut butter would be winning.

What's that glop where the jelly is mixed with peanut butter in the jar already? Stop. I'm giving myself a headache. :arrow:
Glop is close, think the jar of pb&j is called Goober or something, it's suspicious stuff at best but more trustworthy than whatever "fluffernutter" is. So "nutter" is a contraction of not and butter? And what is fluffer? Insulation?