What's For Supper?

Whalehead King

I'm going to hear Tom McDermott play Scott Joplin piano rags for his new CD release part at Snug Harbor down the street from my house. Snug Harbor is a dinner and a show place. What will I eat? I dunno. I'm really going for the music.

I love Scott Joplin and ragtime music. McDermott is doing a new twist on some of Joplin's piano rags so I'm really looking forward to it. Mrs. King is out of town tonight so it's a solo trip. I bought two tickets because I didn't realize Mrs. King wouldn't be home so I'll have a table to myself. If you are Frenchmen Street tonight, go to Snug Harbor and tell them you know Whalehead King. I'll be wearing an orange plaid jacket tonight. That's how you'll know it's me.

Skip to 1:30 of this video and you'll get an idea of what I'll be enjoying. It'll be in a jazz club, though, not a university concert hall. I'm looking forward to it. I'm a McDermott fan and I'm looking forward to getting his new CD.

Have a great New Orleans day today, wherever you may happen to be.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Pesto Salmon and roasted brussell sprouts.
Washed down with cool water and two fingers of Evan Williams Black. I like what I like!
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:12 pm I'm going to hear Tom McDermott play Scott Joplin piano rags for his new CD release part at Snug Harbor down the street from my house. Snug Harbor is a dinner and a show place. What will I eat? I dunno. I'm really going for the music.
How was the show? There is a special place in my musical soul for Scott Joplin.
ever forward
Whalehead King

arturo7 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:42 am
Whalehead King wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:12 pm I'm going to hear Tom McDermott play Scott Joplin piano rags for his new CD release part at Snug Harbor down the street from my house. Snug Harbor is a dinner and a show place. What will I eat? I dunno. I'm really going for the music.
How was the show? There is a special place in my musical soul for Scott Joplin.
I love Scott Joplin, too. The show was really good. Tom McDermott is a very accomplished local piano player. I don't know how well known he is outside of New Orleans but he has an easy-going charm and a way with the keyboard. It was relaxed, loose, ragtime. Really a pleasure. Thanks for asking.

The club was really nice, too. Snug Harbor, on Frenchmen Street, about a mile from our address so I walked down there and walked home. All in all, it was a very nice night. Mrs. King was out of town so I went by myself. It would have been even nicer had she been there but it was a still full house with a lively audience who loved the music. A person would have to be dead to not like these songs.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:03 pm The club was really nice, too. Snug Harbor, on Frenchmen Street,
I went to Snug Harbor when I was there last year. Can't remember the who was playing, but they were bad arse. Older cats playing trad jazz.

Have you checked out Joshua Rifkin's Joplin recordings?
ever forward
Whalehead King

I don't listen to a lot of recorded music. I've stopped buying it because I never play it. I can't tell you the last time I turned on a radio.
Dr Uhaha

Goat Curry (Desi hot)
Mango Lassi
Garlic Naan

Tums

Some mistakes are worth making.
Dr Uhaha

Homemade chicken noodle soup loaded with pureed roasted garlic. So good.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

18oz NY strip
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:30 pm Goat Curry (Desi hot)
Lucy wasn't bad either. lol

Spaghetti with Italian bread.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!