Grand Poobah

Sat May 18, 2019 9:05 am

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:48 am
9 Iron wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:27 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:02 pm
Dinty Moore in a can ... over sliced white bread!
This is a must for camping/hunting camp grub. A little hickory salt on top and a can of peaches for dessert. Amazingly good meal.
Awesome camp grub indeed although I've never had Hickory salt. My father squirts ketchup all over it. :facepalm: Unbelievable.
Mmm, ketchup. Fried eggs, blindfolded, and hash browns all mixed up covered in ketchup. Buttered toast to sop up what's left. Best breakfast known to man!
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 4):
Bruyere_RoyalehoutenzielMr BeardsleyFr_Tom
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Sat May 18, 2019 10:22 am

Kevin Keith wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
9 Iron wrote:
This is a must for camping/hunting camp grub. A little hickory salt on top and a can of peaches for dessert. Amazingly good meal.
Awesome camp grub indeed although I've never had Hickory salt. My father squirts ketchup all over it. :facepalm: Unbelievable.
Mmm, ketchup. Fried eggs, blindfolded, and hash browns all mixed up covered in ketchup. Buttered toast to sop up what's left. Best breakfast known to man!
I never got the ketchup and eggs deal... especially on scramble. I only eat ketchup with French fries.
What's blindfolded?
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 3):
BamarickKevin KeithFr_Tom
Tsal... 🎳
9 Iron
Founding Member

Sat May 18, 2019 11:34 am

Hot sauce on eggs? Yes. Ketchup? Yuk :oops:
This post by 9 Iron liked by (total 3):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_TomMiddle Earth
houtenziel
Codger in Training

Sat May 18, 2019 11:45 am

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Kevin Keith wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
I never got the ketchup and eggs deal... especially on scramble. I only eat ketchup with French fries.
What's blindfolded?
A blindfolded egg is when you drop an egg in a pan like you are going to fry it, but you then throw a couple ice cubes in and cover it with a lid. The melting ice steams the egg and it comes out sorta half fried and half poached.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 3):
Bruyere_RoyaleMr BeardsleyFr_Tom
"Without an end progress is mere lost wandering" - Harvey Mansfield
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Sat May 18, 2019 2:12 pm

Bamarick wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:11 am
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:01 pm
Tonight was chicken and savory grits. I screwed up the grits by using too much liquid :lol: but they were still fantastic
Savory Grits? Would you mind sharing the recipe for the dish? It sounds interesting.
Here you go, they can explain it better than I can. Essentially it's grits made with chicken stock (or beef or vegetable) & cream. I replace all of the water with stock but you can use whatever ratio you find best. Last night's batch also got a little splash of grated parmesan stirred in at the end

https://www.thespruceeats.com/how-to-ma ... ts-3057173
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 2):
BamarickFr_Tom
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Sat May 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Kevin Keith wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
What's blindfolded?
In my family, nuclear and extended, an egg was "blindfolded" by flipping hot grease on the yolk as the egg fried, changing the color from yellow to whatever color it is yolks turn when you flip hot grease on them, leaving the yolk runny. It's akin to over easy but you don't have to turn the egg over.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 2):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Sat May 18, 2019 3:53 pm

Kevin Keith wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Kevin Keith wrote:
What's blindfolded?
In my family, nuclear and extended, an egg was "blindfolded" by flipping hot grease on the yolk, changing the color from yellow to whatever color it is yolks turn when you flip hot grease on them, leaving the yolk runny. It's akin to over easy but you don't have to turn the egg over.
Yessir! Bacon grease is the best for that
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithBruyere_RoyaleFr_Tom
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Sat May 18, 2019 4:29 pm

Kevin Keith wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Kevin Keith wrote:
What's blindfolded?
In my family, nuclear and extended, an egg was "blindfolded" by flipping hot grease on the yolk as the egg fried, changing the color from yellow to whatever color it is yolks turn when you flip hot grease on them, leaving the yolk runny. It's akin to over easy but you don't have to turn the egg over.
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:53 pm
Kevin Keith wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
What's blindfolded?
In my family, nuclear and extended, an egg was "blindfolded" by flipping hot grease on the yolk, changing the color from yellow to whatever color it is yolks turn when you flip hot grease on them, leaving the yolk runny. It's akin to over easy but you don't have to turn the egg over.
Yessir! Bacon grease is the best for that
That's how we make our over easy eggs too, didn't know there was a name for it tho.... if you want to try something new, chop the cooked bacon and mix it with white rice and top with the eggs. BAM! Some hot sauce too.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithMr BeardsleyFr_Tom
Tsal... 🎳
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Sun May 19, 2019 4:48 am

Kevin Keith wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
9 Iron wrote:
Where is the bacon in this breakfast?
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithBruyere_RoyaleMr Beardsley
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Sun May 19, 2019 5:36 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:48 am
Kevin Keith wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Where is the bacon in this breakfast?
It never made it past the paper towels it was draining on. :)
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 4):
9 IronBruyere_RoyaleFr_TomMr Beardsley