New Shotgun

BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

Picked up this 12ga a few weeks ago. I wasn't familiar with this model--the Browning Double Automatic
This is the Twelvette version weighing 6.75 pounds. As far as I can tell this is the 4th year of production, 1959 model. Will be a great upland gun.

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Very nice!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
TheM4chef

Nice shotty, firearms are my passion before pipe smoking . Nice steel and wood is classic.
Rusticated

That is in pristine condition for it's age...nice score. There's gotta be a way to incorporate a pipe holder into that stock...hmmm...
Whistlebritches

I am a Browning ho.......I'd have picked it up myself but probably never shoot it.I am an unapologetic O/U snob who just cannot go back.I have an A5 humpback from the early 30's that probably hasn't had a box of shells through it since new........and I fired zero of them.All that being said it would be a welcome addition to my collection.Great find Brother
avid

That is a beauty...loading port on the left side of the receiver is very unique. Thanks for posting the wiki link, too, didn’t know what to make of it.
insufferable filter guy
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Absolutely gorgeous. The links make for a good read too, thanks for those
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Bamarick

If I'm not bad wrong the Double Automatic was aimed at Dove Hunters. It's light enough to shoot with one hand while tossing more shells in with the left. My Nephew had one for Quail hunting which in a drunken moment (not really) traded for a set of Tires. I never forgave him for that :facepalm:
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Nick Upgraded

I haven't been on the forum in a few years and had to create a new username again.
I remember there being a fairly large firearms and shooting community on the board that i used to be a member of. I think was closed to the general public on the forum or something like that.
Is there still a shooting and gun group here?