Hand me down

Tsal
Forum Decorum

I never participate on gun forums or sub forum' hunting sections of places such as PSF, I like guns and I have a few but talking about them never got my juices flowing.

Anyways, I've known most of you fellas for a long time on PSF and I thought I'd share that my father decided to give me his last gun which coincidentally was the first gun he ever purchased in1960, a Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight with a 30in barrel in 12 guage.(bird blaster). It was an emotional passing of the torch so to speak and I will cherish it until maybe one day I can hand it down to one of my boys.
I'll post pics once I clean it up.
The Troll Whisperer
Middle Earth

Beautiful shotguns
Still in business
The fact that it was your father's makes it even more beautiful
Tsal
Forum Decorum

He used that gun every year to go hunting since as far back as I can remember and there was always food in his game freezer afterwards. It looks like it's been through hell and back, he wasn't delicate with anything. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Middle Earth

Your dad sounds like he is a great guy
I got rid of all my safe queens
Leave it at that
No reason, for me to have firearms that gather dust
I have a lot of pipes and tobacco that fall into the same catagory
They will soon be on the block or given away
Hope it serves you well
My goal is not to have any shiny new-in-box things that go unused
Kentuck

Its a classic shotgun with a well deserved reputation for reliability and durability. Left handers liked it especially for its bottom ejection of empties rather than out the side. I hope you enjoy it as much as your father did.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kentuck wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:02 pm Its a classic shotgun with a well deserved reputation for reliability and durability. Left handers liked it especially for its bottom ejection of empties rather than out the side. I hope you enjoy it as much as your father did.
Thank you, I definitely will! I'll start hunting again once my kids get a little older so I can bring them along but for now there is a range close by if I want to shoot it. Right now I have the reciever torn down on my workbench and by the looks of things my dad loved 3 and 1 oil. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
9 Iron
Founding Member

Nothing a little Hoppe’s no. 9 won’t fix.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

That's great Tommy, I'm happy for you! 8-)
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

9 Iron wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:42 pm Nothing a little Hoppe’s no. 9 won’t fix.
That solvent is the only thing I use.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:28 pm That's great Tommy, I'm happy for you! 8-)
Thank you, Kevin! I was blown away. No pun intended.lol
The Troll Whisperer