Page 2 of 3

Hand me down

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:05 pm
by Surlywill
My dad passed away in 1991. He taught me to hunt and fish. Still have every gun he owned. Still have the single shot 22 he taught me how to shoot on. Don’t shoot many of his guns but keep them for sentimental sake. Take them out and clean and oil about once a year, easy time to remember our hunting trips. Still remember my first deer at 16 years old, him handing me a knife and teaching me how to clean and skin a deer. Cherish every minute you have :thumbs:

Hand me down

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:29 pm
by avid
Middle Earth wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:13 pm
Beautiful shotguns
Still in business
The fact that it was your father's makes it even more beautiful
yes and no, closed, opened, not really the same IMHO, but what stays the same in the context of decades

Hand me down

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:35 pm
by avid
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:08 pm
Ithaca Model 37
Love this shottie. I picked up a beater that I use for turkey hunting, from the original run in 1937, long before they called them 'Featherlight'...not sure what year they started that marketing project. Beautiful shotgun, bottom ejection, signature engraving on the receiver, def classic.

Heirloom...doesn't get any better.

You are one lucky piney

Hand me down

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:05 am
by Bruyere_Royale
avid wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:35 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:08 pm
Ithaca Model 37
You are one lucky piney
:lol:

Hand me down

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:07 am
by Bruyere_Royale
avid wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:29 pm
Middle Earth wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:13 pm
Beautiful shotguns
Still in business
The fact that it was your father's makes it even more beautiful
yes and no, closed, opened, not really the same IMHO, but what stays the same in the context of decades
The new new version of Ithaca has a nice little 28 gauge trap gun that you might like. Your a clay guy.

Hand me down

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:03 am
by avid
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:07 am
Your a clay guy.
not really, but a 28 would be fun

Hand me down

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:10 am
by Bruyere_Royale
avid wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:03 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:07 am
Your a clay guy.
not really, but a 28 would be fun
For some reason I thought you shot clay.

Hand me down

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:25 am
by avid
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:10 am
avid wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:03 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:07 am
Your a clay guy.
not really, but a 28 would be fun
For some reason I thought you shot clay.
i do, but not on a regular basis, and not with any skill. But, I do claim clay pidgeons as ash trays, have an ample supply. LOL

Hand me down

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:59 am
by Bruyere_Royale
avid wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:25 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:10 am
avid wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:03 am
not really, but a 28 would be fun
For some reason I thought you shot clay.
i do, but not on a regular basis, and not with any skill. But, I do claim clay pidgeons as ash trays, have an ample supply. LOL
That's it, clay ash tray. Lol

Hand me down

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:50 pm
by Bamarick
I bought a M37, 12ga, 26" imp cyl with a vented rib, in 1972 from a Pawn Shop for the handsome sum of $125.00 which, if I'm not bad wrong, was about a week's pay. It's been a great Dove & Quail gun although it's not been out on a hunt in more than 20 years, heck it's probably been closer to 30 since it's gone hunting. Over the years several people have tried buying it from me but I'm thinking that my first born Grandson should wind up with it.