Fishing and Hunting

User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:28 pm

I cant think of many things that go together as well as fishing / hunting and pipe smoking . I got my fishing license the other day . I'll be fishing small streams . I fished a weekend or two ago but the weather was horrid . This weekend I had to do yard stuff , I just had to .Ill post pics when I get out to fish again . If anyone is fishing or hunting ... by all means , post that kind of fun !!
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
WildcatKevin KeithRonv69
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
User avatar
Wildcat
Active Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:14 am
Location: Hudson Falls NY

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:48 am

Great thread, thanks for starting!
This post by Wildcat liked by (total 2):
RuffinogoldRonv69
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:10 am

Kind of off topic but there are two processors within in a mile of my house . Apparently , deer legs are good for dogs and they basically throw out the legs , which cost them money because there's regulations involved etc ... any way , Jennifer is working with one of them to have the legs vacuum sealed for the dogs . There is little cost thery are charging , just covering the vacuum sealing costs . She should be getting with them this week and I'll see how it goes . It could be something done anywhere and a good thing for you dogs .
I know my dogs lime them because they find them in the woods somewhere and it's something that thery love enough to just about fightg over
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
WildcatHarleypiperRonv69
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
User avatar
Wildcat
Active Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:14 am
Location: Hudson Falls NY

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:18 pm

Anyone have an interest in or own an air rifle? I really want one bad for squirrel hunting.
This post by Wildcat liked by (total 2):
Preacher1611Ronv69
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Sun May 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:18 pm
Anyone have an interest in or own an air rifle? I really want one bad for squirrel hunting.
My son Joseph has a number of them .... some are evil .. like 1200 ft per second . They usually do either bb's or pellets

Me likey this one ..
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ruger-Silent ... er-reviews
This post by Ruffinogold liked by:
Wildcat
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
User avatar
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 560
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 11:32 am
Location: Van Schaick Island, NY

Fri May 11, 2018 11:06 am

I haven't done any fishing this year, I need to get out there...
This post by Preacher1611 liked by (total 3):
Ronv69WildcatRuffinogold
User avatar
Ronv69
Founding Member
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Fri May 11, 2018 11:34 am

Ruffinogold wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:10 am
Kind of off topic but there are two processors within in a mile of my house . Apparently , deer legs are good for dogs and they basically throw out the legs , which cost them money because there's regulations involved etc ... any way , Jennifer is working with one of them to have the legs vacuum sealed for the dogs . There is little cost thery are charging , just covering the vacuum sealing costs . She should be getting with them this week and I'll see how it goes . It could be something done anywhere and a good thing for you dogs .
I know my dogs lime them because they find them in the woods somewhere and it's something that thery love enough to just about fightg over
Are they cooked, frozen, or preserved in some way. Our Yorkie is a costing us a fortune in dried bull penises. A deer leg could last her a week. You might think that I am kidding, but that little bitch can really chew. I don't mean bitch in the bad way, we love her to death.
This post by Ronv69 liked by (total 2):
Preacher1611Ruffinogold
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Fri May 11, 2018 5:47 pm

Ronv69 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:34 am
Ruffinogold wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:10 am
Kind of off topic but there are two processors within in a mile of my house . Apparently , deer legs are good for dogs and they basically throw out the legs , which cost them money because there's regulations involved etc ... any way , Jennifer is working with one of them to have the legs vacuum sealed for the dogs . There is little cost thery are charging , just covering the vacuum sealing costs . She should be getting with them this week and I'll see how it goes . It could be something done anywhere and a good thing for you dogs .
I know my dogs lime them because they find them in the woods somewhere and it's something that thery love enough to just about fightg over
Are they cooked, frozen, or preserved in some way. Our Yorkie is a costing us a fortune in dried bull penises. A deer leg could last her a week. You might think that I am kidding, but that little bitch can really chew. I don't mean bitch in the bad way, we love her to death.
Right now , they bring them out of the woods ... but from the processor , they will be " air lock wrapped " [ I cant think of the real term for it ] ... and then frozen . Antlers too . Any game stuff should b frozen before hand apparently .

I could go out in my yard and i bet I'd find a few partial legs ... some skulls ..... " hey , heres a foot ... and a wing " .. . lol

'll ask her about it again
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Fri May 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Vacuum sealed is the term I was thinking
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
User avatar
Ronv69
Founding Member
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Fri May 11, 2018 6:07 pm

I find antlers everywhere, but I don't think they are good for dogs.
This post by Ronv69 liked by:
Ruffinogold
Post Reply