Fishing and Hunting

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I cant think of many things that go together as well as fishing / hunting and pipe smoking . I got my fishing license the other day . I'll be fishing small streams . I fished a weekend or two ago but the weather was horrid . This weekend I had to do yard stuff , I just had to .Ill post pics when I get out to fish again . If anyone is fishing or hunting ... by all means , post that kind of fun !!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Great thread, thanks for starting!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kind of off topic but there are two processors within in a mile of my house . Apparently , deer legs are good for dogs and they basically throw out the legs , which cost them money because there's regulations involved etc ... any way , Jennifer is working with one of them to have the legs vacuum sealed for the dogs . There is little cost thery are charging , just covering the vacuum sealing costs . She should be getting with them this week and I'll see how it goes . It could be something done anywhere and a good thing for you dogs .
I know my dogs lime them because they find them in the woods somewhere and it's something that thery love enough to just about fightg over
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Anyone have an interest in or own an air rifle? I really want one bad for squirrel hunting.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:18 pm Anyone have an interest in or own an air rifle? I really want one bad for squirrel hunting.
My son Joseph has a number of them .... some are evil .. like 1200 ft per second . They usually do either bb's or pellets

Me likey this one ..
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ruger-Silent ... er-reviews
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I haven't done any fishing this year, I need to get out there...
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:10 am Kind of off topic but there are two processors within in a mile of my house . Apparently , deer legs are good for dogs and they basically throw out the legs , which cost them money because there's regulations involved etc ... any way , Jennifer is working with one of them to have the legs vacuum sealed for the dogs . There is little cost thery are charging , just covering the vacuum sealing costs . She should be getting with them this week and I'll see how it goes . It could be something done anywhere and a good thing for you dogs .
I know my dogs lime them because they find them in the woods somewhere and it's something that thery love enough to just about fightg over
Are they cooked, frozen, or preserved in some way. Our Yorkie is a costing us a fortune in dried bull penises. A deer leg could last her a week. You might think that I am kidding, but that little bitch can really chew. I don't mean bitch in the bad way, we love her to death.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:34 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:10 am Kind of off topic but there are two processors within in a mile of my house . Apparently , deer legs are good for dogs and they basically throw out the legs , which cost them money because there's regulations involved etc ... any way , Jennifer is working with one of them to have the legs vacuum sealed for the dogs . There is little cost thery are charging , just covering the vacuum sealing costs . She should be getting with them this week and I'll see how it goes . It could be something done anywhere and a good thing for you dogs .
Are they cooked, frozen, or preserved in some way. Our Yorkie is a costing us a fortune in dried bull penises. A deer leg could last her a week. You might think that I am kidding, but that little bitch can really chew. I don't mean bitch in the bad way, we love her to death.
Right now , they bring them out of the woods ... but from the processor , they will be " air lock wrapped " [ I cant think of the real term for it ] ... and then frozen . Antlers too . Any game stuff should b frozen before hand apparently .

I could go out in my yard and i bet I'd find a few partial legs ... some skulls ..... " hey , heres a foot ... and a wing " .. . lol

'll ask her about it again
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Vacuum sealed is the term I was thinking
Ronv69
Founding Member

I find antlers everywhere, but I don't think they are good for dogs.
God and Texas!