Show Your Black Powder Guns

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Middle Earth wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:58 am Want to get a Holy Smoke (Sounds Familiar) firearm and have this in my sights.....

ImageImage

Diablo Break Open, Blued Finish, 12 Gauge Pistol, Black Grips
$479.00

Barrel Length: 6″ Length Blued Double Barrel Side-by-side, smooth-bore
Barrel Type: Break Open Blued Double Barrel Side-by-side, smooth-bore
Overall Length: 10”
Caliber: 12 Gauge – Conventional 209 Primer Breech Plug Design BP muzzleloader, suggested load 40gr ffg, 1/2 oz shot (1/2 ounce of #1 Buckshot would be a problem solver, or a 1/2 ounce round ball)
Finish: Standard Blue
Weight: 3.2 Lbs
Type: Single Hammer, Double Barrel, Single Trigger, 209 Primer Ignition ML
Stock: Synthetic Grips
Stock Finish: Grips: Midnight Black finish.

Sight Bead: sight bead installed

Single hammer, single trigger and utilizes a selector on the hammer to select one barrel or the other

No license or FFL required, order direct (As it should be for every firearm. That is how it was in my youth, mail order until the 1968 law screwed it all up)

California legal ( That is not a thing-no freaking way ...right ?????)
My Armalites are NJ compliant. No BL, fixed stock and welded brake. I'm just really annoyed that I can't attach a bayonet.
The Troll Whisperer
Bamarick

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:09 am
simplepipes wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:38 pm My son enjoys Black Powder rifles that he assembled in shop class in High School. Current political climates would never allow such a thing anymore.

Cleaning tear down after firing lessens the enjoyment to me.

-sp
When I first started teaching, a student invited me to visit another classroom during a free period. It was "show-n-tell," and he had brought a new rifle to show off. He knew I would be interested. This was not problematic in any way. Things have changed a lot.
My boy Reid was a cowboy last year for Halloween and I bought him some really cool metal cap gun revolvers for his holsters. They wouldn't let him through the front door of the school and started to lecture my wife about the message he's sending. Everything has really taken a turn for the worse in this day in age.
When I was in elementary school I would sometimes take my JC Higgins 22 to school then a friend & myself would walk home doing some squirrel hunting as we walked. It wasn't a problem in the 50's.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bamarick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:17 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:09 am

When I first started teaching, a student invited me to visit another classroom during a free period. It was "show-n-tell," and he had brought a new rifle to show off. He knew I would be interested. This was not problematic in any way. Things have changed a lot.
My boy Reid was a cowboy last year for Halloween and I bought him some really cool metal cap gun revolvers for his holsters. They wouldn't let him through the front door of the school and started to lecture my wife about the message he's sending. Everything has really taken a turn for the worse in this day in age.
When I was in elementary school I would sometimes take my JC Higgins 22 to school then a friend & myself would walk home doing some squirrel hunting as we walked. It wasn't a problem in the 50's.
Goodtimes! I'd magine being a kid growing up in the 50's and 60's was cool. You had all the best stuff..
The Troll Whisperer
Middle Earth

It was generally better in terms of freedom
We just rode off on our Schwinn Stingrays and roamed far and wide engaging in mischief
Mom and dad did not keep tabs

People did not beef about firearms or get the vapors
Bamarick

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:16 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 am My boy Reid was a cowboy last year for Halloween and I bought him some really cool metal cap gun revolvers for his holsters. They wouldn't let him through the front door of the school and started to lecture my wife about the message he's sending. Everything has really taken a turn for the worse in this day in age.
Goodtimes! I'd magine being a kid growing up in the 50's and 60's was cool. You had all the best stuff..
Well if you say so :lol: Thing is most of us didn't have much of anything in material goods. I grew up on an 80 acre 2-Horse (Literally) Cotton & Corn Farm. Things we needed most we did have such as a tight roof over our heads and plenty of food to eat. Our clothes were clean and pressed although my jeans or overalls might have patches on them.

Here's a couple of my BP Firearms for your viewing pleasure.

1858 Remington by Pietta (Sheriff's Model which never really existed) It's a nice shooter with 25 grains of 3f, a lubed felt wad and topped with a .454 RB.

This is a Pedersoli's version of a NW Trade Rifle. It's a 62 caliber (20ga) smooth bore. Quite frankly it doesn't shoot worth a hoot with a round ball so mainly it's used loaded with 1oz of #4 or #6 shot.
Last edited by Bamarick on Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Bamarick

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 am My boy Reid was a cowboy last year for Halloween and I bought him some really cool metal cap gun revolvers for his holsters. They wouldn't let him through the front door of the school and started to lecture my wife about the message he's sending. Everything has really taken a turn for the worse in this day in age.
Well if you say so :lol: Thing is most of us didn't have much of anything in material goods. I grew up on an 80 acre 2-Horse (Literally) Cotton & Corn Farm. Things we needed most we did have such as a tight roof over our heads and plenty of food to eat. Our clothes were clean and pressed although my jeans or overalls might have patches on them.

1858 Remington by Pietta (Sheriff's Model which never really existed) It's a nice shooter with 25 grains of 3f, a lubed felt wad and topped with a .454 RB.

This is a Pedersoli's version of a NW Trade Rifle. It's a 62 caliber (20ga) smooth bore. Quite frankly it doesn't shoot worth a hoot with a round ball so mainly it's used loaded with 1oz of #4 or #6 shot.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bamarick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:21 pm

You had a 22 and free range! Plenty cool!. My kids still can't grasp not having an ac in the car. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Bamarick

I don't have a clue of how this post wound up like this. At least you go to see all three of my BP guns. The rifle shown in the 2nd post is actually a 58 caliber 1853 Enfield.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bamarick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:39 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:16 pm Goodtimes! I'd magine being a kid growing up in the 50's and 60's was cool. You had all the best stuff..

I don't have a clue of how this post wound up like this. At least you go to see all three of my BP guns.
it happens..lol. Beautiful guns👍
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I got a picture of my 3rd Model Dragoon replica, so here it is

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!