Gun shop find.. for you commie gun lovers.

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I like commie guns.. always have. They just work, and the simple design appeals to me. My first handgun that I purchased for myself was a Bulgarian Makarov that was a military issue gun. That started it all for me, and I've like them ever since. I sold the Bulgarian in youthful stupidity, and have regretted it, as they have become harder and harder to find.
Today I walked into a gun shop, and there in the case was a Makarov. I asked the owner to see it, thinking it was probably a Bulgarian or Russian commercial gun. The store owner didn't seem to know anything about it, but just priced it as a standard "Makarov".. but this is an East German model(probably made in the late 60's) which in worse condition than this easily goes for 8-900 bucks nowadays. I tried to convince him, honesty being the best policy, that he was massively undercharging, but he didn't care and sold it to me for a song.

Don't see these everday...
This post by Houtenziel liked by (total 7):
Jlando19Kevin KeithDr UhahaMiddle EarthMikeDennisonsisyphusCobman
---------------------------------------------------------
“A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you.”
― C.S. Lewis
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Looked up the stampings and I guess it's even more rare, given that it lacks any importation marks. Dated it to 1964, so it's a C&R gun. I am pretty stoked!
This post by Houtenziel liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonCobman
---------------------------------------------------------
“A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you.”
― C.S. Lewis