Help Me Pick an EDC Knife

Jlando19

sisyphus wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:07 pm ok knife guys I am about to pull the trigger on a Bradford Guardian 4. If you have anything I should know about Bradford knives or M390 steel I want to hear it. Thanks
That's a great all around knife. M390 is a result of a merger of Austrian Bohler and Swedish Uddeholm. It is a third generation powdered steel specifically formulated for high corrosion resistance and able to obtain high hardnesses. I'm pretty sure that's all direct from memory of things I've read about it online. As I was going to use it in the build of some of my own blades.

Pull the trigger!
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

still can't get this Lionsteel out of my head.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Ultimately the lack of guard on the Bradford pushed me away. Also, ordering direct from Lionsteel the M5 I wanted was only 90€, when the other variants were all priced at 160€. It seemed too good to pass up so I thought about it awhile and I just ordered it. There's a guy in Germany who makes a scout carry kydex sheath for it, so I'll get one of those. I really appreciate everyone's feedback. Thanks for helping me sort through this so I could make a decision I felt good about. Looking forward to this showing up in about 3 months.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list