sisyphus
Person of Interest

leaning toward this now
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

sisyphus wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:07 am leaning toward this now
Man that thing is nice. I think maybe I have a candidate for a new knife too :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Jlando19

Now you're headed in the right direction. In my humble opinion any way. Didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer but I feel like karambits/ringed knives have to many possibilities to make a situation more dangerous than it needs to be.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Jlando19 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:50 am
Now you're headed in the right direction. In my humble opinion any way. Didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer but I feel like karambits/ringed knives have to many possibilities to make a situation more dangerous than it needs to be.
I think if you were to train with one, in the manner they were meant to be used defensively - slashing, and not jabbing - then you are pretty safe. I really like them, but the issue I always encounter, since I have huge hands, is that the space between the ring and my fingers is always ergonomically wrong. Some the ring is too small and yeah, I could see it peeling some finger skin, an others with a full grip, my hand tends to ride into choil territory.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
sisyphus
Person of Interest

lol I cheaped out at the last minute and went with a Gerber Strongarm. I can always upgrade down the road, but people seem to like this knife well enough and I like the sheath it comes with.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

sisyphus wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:13 am lol I cheaped out at the last minute and went with a Gerber Strongarm. I can always upgrade down the road, but people seem to like this knife well enough and I like the sheath it comes with.
I like the point on the pommel. Good for breaking glass.. and er.. other things.
― Theodore Roosevelt
sisyphus
Person of Interest

ultimately cost was an object for me, and this one cost about 1/3 of the others I was looking at which allowed me to buy it today instead of waiting
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

sisyphus wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:13 am lol I cheaped out at the last minute and went with a Gerber Strongarm. I can always upgrade down the road, but people seem to like this knife well enough and I like the sheath it comes with.
That would do nicely :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

ok knife guys I am about to pull the trigger on a Bradford Guardian 4. If you have anything I should know about Bradford knives or M390 steel I want to hear it. Thanks