New Pocket Pistol

User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 2376
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Carrizo Springs

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm

I walked into a place that sells these little jewels and, for about what I’d pay for five pounds of Sutliff Virginia Slices, I walked out with one. I haven’t had a .380 for a long time and decided I needed it. It slips easily into my front pocket, shirt or pants.

I had a Colt Mustang .380 way back when but sold it when I wanted something else. Anyway, it’s a Ruger LCP, .380, 6+1. Duh.

Every time I buy five pounds of tobacco or a pistol I’m reminded how glad I am to live in the Good Ol’ USA and not Australia or somewhere! :lol:

Image
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 14):
MikeDennisonMr BeardsleyRonv69Fr_TomslowrollWhistlebritchesBruyere_RoyaleCoreyRncrobbEllis YouavidIslayphileoldbillBigflo
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 1913
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:09 pm

Kevin Keith wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm
I walked into a place that sells these little jewels and, for about what I’d pay for five pounds of Sutliff Virginia Slices, I walked out with one. I haven’t had a .380 for a long time and decided I needed it. It slips easily into my front pocket, shirt or pants.

I had a Colt Mustang .380 way back when but sold it when I wanted something else. Anyway, it’s a Ruger LCP, .380, 6+1. Duh.

Every time I buy five pounds of tobacco or a pistol I’m reminded how glad I am to live in the Good Ol’ USA and not Australia or somewhere! :lol:

Image
Those of us who are stuck here on the left coast can't buy that pistol either lol. Looks like a very nice little pea shooter though
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 6):
Kevin KeithRonv69Fr_TomMikeDennisonIslayphileoldbill
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 1795
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:15 pm

I have the LC9 which is essentially the same gun, which rides in a kydex holster in my jacket pocket. Great little guns.

Oregon has pretty decent firearm freedoms compared the the rest of the west coast.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 7):
Mr BeardsleyKevin KeithRonv69Fr_TomMikeDennisonIslayphileoldbill
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 2376
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Carrizo Springs

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:09 pm
Kevin Keith wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm
I walked into a place that sells these little jewels and, for about what I’d pay for five pounds of Sutliff Virginia Slices, I walked out with one. I haven’t had a .380 for a long time and decided I needed it. It slips easily into my front pocket, shirt or pants.

I had a Colt Mustang .380 way back when but sold it when I wanted something else. Anyway, it’s a Ruger LCP, .380, 6+1. Duh.

Every time I buy five pounds of tobacco or a pistol I’m reminded how glad I am to live in the Good Ol’ USA and not Australia or somewhere! :lol:

Image
Those of us who are stuck here on the left coast can't buy that pistol either lol. Looks like a very nice little pea shooter though
Ugh, bummer. It is a nice pea shooter but that little thing makes a 94 gr FMJ .380 sound like a full battle round! :awesome:
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 4):
Mr BeardsleyFr_TomMikeDennisonoldbill
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 1913
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:48 pm

Kevin Keith wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:40 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:09 pm
Kevin Keith wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm
I walked into a place that sells these little jewels and, for about what I’d pay for five pounds of Sutliff Virginia Slices, I walked out with one. I haven’t had a .380 for a long time and decided I needed it. It slips easily into my front pocket, shirt or pants.

I had a Colt Mustang .380 way back when but sold it when I wanted something else. Anyway, it’s a Ruger LCP, .380, 6+1. Duh.

Every time I buy five pounds of tobacco or a pistol I’m reminded how glad I am to live in the Good Ol’ USA and not Australia or somewhere! :lol:

Image
Those of us who are stuck here on the left coast can't buy that pistol either lol. Looks like a very nice little pea shooter though
Ugh, bummer. It is a nice pea shooter but that little thing makes a 94 gr FMJ .380 sound like a full battle round! :awesome:
Nice! That 380 is on my list once I get out of here. The ca variant is a little under 5 Benjamin's
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithFr_Tomoldbill
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 2376
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Carrizo Springs

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:34 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:15 pm
I have the LC9 which is essentially the same gun, which rides in a kydex holster in my jacket pocket. Great little guns.

Oregon has pretty decent firearm freedoms compared the the rest of the west coast.
I'm thinking about the LC9 too. I've been bit by the bug...again.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 2):
Fr_Tomoldbill
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 1795
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:18 pm

Kevin Keith wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:34 pm
houtenziel wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:15 pm
I have the LC9 which is essentially the same gun, which rides in a kydex holster in my jacket pocket. Great little guns.

Oregon has pretty decent firearm freedoms compared the the rest of the west coast.
I'm thinking about the LC9 too. I've been bit by the bug...again.
For all intents and purposes, it's pretty much the same gun, with a little more recoil from the higher pressure of 9mm. I was previously carrying a Ruger SP101 snubby in .357 mag, and compared to that thing the LC9 is like firing a feisty rubber band gun.
This post by houtenziel liked by:
Kevin Keith
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
Middle Earth
Active Member
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm
Location: Middle Earth

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:24 pm

I have a "few" LC9s Pros
I have two LCP IIs
Hard to compare a 10.6 ounce .380 ACP pistol with a 17.3 ounce 9mm
With the Underwood Penetrator the .380 ACP is a problem solver and a true pocket pistol.
Highly recommend, Mika pocket holsters
https://mikaspocketholsters.com
This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 4):
Kevin KeithavidMongooldbill
User avatar
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 am

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:22 pm

Can it shoot a bullet through a cast iron skillet?
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithBruyere_Royaleavid
I run a small hotel in New Orleans. It's in Louisiana, in case you're thinking of another New Orleans I've never heard of.
User avatar
Middle Earth
Active Member
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm
Location: Middle Earth

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:43 pm

Good question
The Lehigh bullet, used by Underwood is monolithic copper
I say yes it can, in my opinion, no problem
I normally think of AR500 steel and penetration testing
But if momma's cast iron skillet is bullet-proof, then I say no way.
Momma going to brain you wit' dat
This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 2):
Kevin Keithavid
Post Reply