Dear friends and " pipe shop days "

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

The following is an article written by a dear friend , Chuck . You may know Chuck if you read the great pipes and tobacco magazine , as he became editor of it early on . He mentions the pipe shop and my friend Randy Wiley , whom is a killer pipe maker and all around bad ass

https://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpip ... -the-world

Reading this brought back a flood of memories , mostly damn good ones , and i need to write them down again . I wrote some down at the old psf and I think I saved them before the site died ... however , the computer i saved them to is kinda dead , so ill have to write therm down again . It's getting harder to remember as time passes on

It was the decade of my 30's . 30's is awesome
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Armycw2

Were these your Pinellas County years?
“If you can't send money, send tobacco.” GEN George Washington
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Armycw2 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:06 pm Were these your Pinellas County years?
Yes , Pinellas and Hillsboro
Wildcat
Codger in Training

@Ruffinogold I finally got around to reading that link. Thank you, it was entertaining and thoughtful. He's quite a writer and I bet he's quite a friend!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Armycw2

@Ruffinogold I remember that thread on the old forum! So much good info was lost, so many PMs with members regarding pipes and tobacco and life in general.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:10 am @Ruffinogold I finally got around to reading that link. Thank you, it was entertaining and thoughtful. He's quite a writer and I bet he's quite a friend!
I love chucks mind . Our back and forth is priceless in my memories . He is a witty , dry sob . I really need to visit him soon because so much time has passed . I dont ever pay attention to peoples age when i meet them and afterwards . I dont know how old chuck is . Another friend from back in those days at the shop , I saw on FB a couple years ago , turned 80 . I didnt know he was in his 50's when we hung out , as an example . Chuck lives in Raleigh Durham , which is the next state over , but given my location in the mountains theres no direct drive to there ... its a long drive . The time I have for that kind of trip is set aside for my mother but I should blow one off to go visit him
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Armycw2 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:54 am @Ruffinogold I remember that thread on the old forum! So much good info was lost, so many PMs with members regarding pipes and tobacco and life in general.
Yeah , a decades worth of info and cool stuff . Too bad it wasnt backed up somewhere somehow . That site just ended horribly and its a shame
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:16 am
Armycw2 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:54 am @Ruffinogold I remember that thread on the old forum! So much good info was lost, so many PMs with members regarding pipes and tobacco and life in general.
Yeah , a decades worth of info and cool stuff . Too bad it wasnt backed up somewhere somehow . That site just ended horribly and its a shame
I wrote a story of my father's passing on a thread about coffee and selfishly I wish I could find it.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:55 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:16 am
I wrote a story of my father's passing on a thread about coffee and selfishly I wish I could find it.
i know how you feel . I really put alot into that site and its all gone . Its ok , thats how it goes , but there was some great great content
Armycw2

At least the good people found their way back... The rest can go to hell!