Ask me anything

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:16 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:35 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:29 am

I don't think I'd be able to resist smoking that at least once in its current state(after cleaning out the shank), just to experience that much "history" in a smoke.
I keep coming back to look at it in amazement. I wonder how long that took!?
If it was someone like [mention]Fr_Tom[/mention] who owned it, I'd say about a month or so. :D
Right now I am being very intentional about rotating through groups of pipes. In times past though, I have just smoked heck out of a couple of pipes. Smoked that way, they need a reaming once a week or so.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Jlando19 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:19 am
Dr Uhaha wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:34 pm Dear Ruffinogold,

Did "Codgers of Old" have some kind of pipe occlusion competition going on or what?

-Reaming in NoVA
I think that's the pipe smokers equivalent of a one hitter. Or maybe for when you want a quick 5 minute smoke. Haha.
I don't think I'd be able to resist smoking that at least once in its current state(after cleaning out the shank), just to experience that much "history" in a smoke.
Oh, there are others like it in the pile. Message me if you would like one.

Disclaimer: By accepting one of these pipes you agree that you smoke it at your own risk, and will not hold me responsible if it gives you polio or some other ancient disease.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Dr Uhaha wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:51 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:19 am
I think that's the pipe smokers equivalent of a one hitter. Or maybe for when you want a quick 5 minute smoke. Haha.
Oh, there are others like it in the pile. Message me if you would like one.

Disclaimer: By accepting one of these pipes you agree that you smoke it at your own risk, and will not hold me responsible if it gives you polio or some other ancient disease.
This is when a retort becomes a really handy tool to have. Polio avoidance.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Houtenziel wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:20 pm Saw this at the grocery store. Have you ever had this? Did they name it after you?
I named myself after that brands gold label , which is outstanding. The gold is only produced in good years , which is often enough it seems .
The key to the gold is to pop it and let breath in the open bottle for 2 hours. Its heaven on earth

The picture you posted is their " starter " . There's one in the middle which has a tan label .... and then the Gold!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:03 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:20 pm Saw this at the grocery store. Have you ever had this? Did they name it after you?
Well, they certainly didn't name this after him:

;)

I've read the archives, the Mayor seems to be a swell guy without a swell head. It's always nice to read his posts, unless he's swooning about redheads, which, it seems, he'll do at the drop of a hat.

I do have a question, though. What color is a white horse that has run through the mud?
A white horse thats run through the mud .... in georgia , wil be an orange whiteish horse and its name will be Mars
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Dr Uhaha wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:34 pm Dear Ruffinogold,

Did "Codgers of Old" have some kind of pipe occlusion competition going on or what?

-Reaming in NoVA
Well , they had the original 3 nuns , original Balkan sasieni , originak Edgeworth Slices etc ..... so , that shit was so good that they would just smoke and smoke , not paying attention to cake or any such thing. Their brains were cleared to a void, the lucky bastids
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:00 pm
Citizen B wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:02 pm What's better? Georgia BBQ or Texas BBQ?

How do you spell BBQ without using spellcheck?
Georgia BBQ makes Texas BBQ taste like cardboard . We have tastier cattle too . Our women are prettier and we have mountainous forests

When God visits Earth in his human form , secretly , he visits the Georgia mountains and brings Rita Hayworth with him
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:29 am
Citizen B wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:02 pm What's better? Georgia BBQ or Texas BBQ?

Georgia BBQ makes Texas BBQ taste like cardboard . We have tastier cattle too . Our women are prettier and we have mountainous forests

When God visits Earth in his human form , secretly , he visits the Georgia mountains and brings Rita Hayworth with him
Lol... this is a good one.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:29 am

Lol !!
Ouch
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I asked myself recently if it was worth it . The answer is no