New here but not new to pipes.

Clemson Tiger

I’m a Carter Hall in a cob kinda guy maybe 3 out of 5 pipes I smoke. I also am a huge fan of PSLNF, Rattray’s Marlin Flake, Escudo, MacBaren Dark fired Burley, Solani Burley Flake, Black Mallory, Chelsea Morning, Key Largo, etc. I’ve been smoking a pipe circa 2002, my 3rd year in the US Navy while my sub was in the shipyard.

I know what I like, I’ve narrowed down what smokes well and what doesn’t in each pipe, but your mileage may vary...I smoke Burley exclusively in cobs. I enjoy my Virginia’s or VA’Per’s in something like my Karl Erik viking freehand, Nording freehand, my GBD Bermuda bent Rhodesian, Comoy straight pot, Crown freehand. I’ll smoke English out of either my Chacom Mozart bent egg or my MM bent walnut pipes exclusively. Scottish blends are the sweetest and closest I will ever get to aromatic. Battery Wagner in bulk is the way I go, or the odd tin of Black Mallory. I smoke that in my CAO Topkapi meet exclusively.

Favorite brands: I’m STILL in mourning over McClelland. I have 2 unopened tins of Christmas cheer and I won’t smoke it until they burst open on their own. I also have a tin of their 40th anniversary blend- 1977-2017, the blue one. My cellar is a modest one but a very good one. I’ve got an untouched vacuum sealed big pouch of Esoterica Margate, and I have tins canned in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016. Enough to fill a work boot sized shoebox. One of them is 3 Oaks Syrian- did I mention I’m still mourning them? Ugh! Ten Russians, 3 nuns (the newer version), Union Square, St James Woods, Oak Alley, MacBaren Navy Flake, Dunhill Navy Flake, Orlik Golden Sliced, Black Mallory, Barbary coast- which I hated when I first tried it, but definitely got better once the tin was open for a while.

At any rate, my front porch is one of my favorite places in the world. The coffee I make is either French press (darker roasts) or percolator (medium roasts). I don’t mess around when it comes to coffee- It’s a ritual!

At any rate, that’s me, I’m pretty locked into what I like and don’t care for, but always open for new things- PS Evening Delight is one I tried recently and bought two of. It was an instant favorite.

As an aside, I’ll be moving from South Carolina to Shoreline, WA- if anyone knows of any good brick and mortar pipe tobacco / cigar shops in the Seattle area, let me know- I tried googling but all I saw were glass pipes.....anyhow, thanks for having me!!!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Welcome! Easily the most in depth intro I've ever seen :buddy:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Glad you are here!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Welcome to PSF! 💨
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Middle Earth

Greetings and Salutations
You are way beyond me in pipe analytics
But, do not zero-out the wisdom that comes with age
You may find your proclivities may evolve, or simply change
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Clemson Tiger wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:49 am I’m a Carter Hall in a cob kinda guy maybe 3 out of 5 pipes I smoke. I also am a huge fan of PSLNF, Rattray’s Marlin Flake, Escudo, MacBaren Dark fired Burley, Solani Burley Flake, Black Mallory, Chelsea Morning, Key Largo, etc. I’ve been smoking a pipe circa 2002, my 3rd year in the US Navy while my sub was in the shipyard.

I know what I like, I’ve narrowed down what smokes well and what doesn’t in each pipe, but your mileage may vary...I smoke Burley exclusively in cobs. I enjoy my Virginia’s or VA’Per’s in something like my Karl Erik viking freehand, Nording freehand, my GBD Bermuda bent Rhodesian, Comoy straight pot, Crown freehand. I’ll smoke English out of either my Chacom Mozart bent egg or my MM bent walnut pipes exclusively. Scottish blends are the sweetest and closest I will ever get to aromatic. Battery Wagner in bulk is the way I go, or the odd tin of Black Mallory. I smoke that in my CAO Topkapi meet exclusively.

Favorite brands: I’m STILL in mourning over McClelland. I have 2 unopened tins of Christmas cheer and I won’t smoke it until they burst open on their own. I also have a tin of their 40th anniversary blend- 1977-2017, the blue one. My cellar is a modest one but a very good one. I’ve got an untouched vacuum sealed big pouch of Esoterica Margate, and I have tins canned in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016. Enough to fill a work boot sized shoebox. One of them is 3 Oaks Syrian- did I mention I’m still mourning them? Ugh! Ten Russians, 3 nuns (the newer version), Union Square, St James Woods, Oak Alley, MacBaren Navy Flake, Dunhill Navy Flake, Orlik Golden Sliced, Black Mallory, Barbary coast- which I hated when I first tried it, but definitely got better once the tin was open for a while.

At any rate, my front porch is one of my favorite places in the world. The coffee I make is either French press (darker roasts) or percolator (medium roasts). I don’t mess around when it comes to coffee- It’s a ritual!

At any rate, that’s me, I’m pretty locked into what I like and don’t care for, but always open for new things- PS Evening Delight is one I tried recently and bought two of. It was an instant favorite.

As an aside, I’ll be moving from South Carolina to Shoreline, WA- if anyone knows of any good brick and mortar pipe tobacco / cigar shops in the Seattle area, let me know- I tried googling but all I saw were glass pipes.....anyhow, thanks for having me!!!
Welcome! You are going to find that on pretty much the entire west coast the tobacconists are dropping like flies. The only tobacconist I've ever been to that had pipe stuff was Rain City Cigar. It's been a few years since I made it up to Seattle so I am not sure what their selection looks like these days.

http://www.raincitycigar.com/
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
sisyphus
Person of Interest

welcome!
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Welcome to PSF! And a big thank you for your service!