G'day from Down Under

Whistlebritches

Welcome from Texas.Where you located down under?I've been to Sydney,Brisbane,Perth,Adelaide,Christchurch,Auckland and Hobart.Anything close?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Welcome from the dry, fiery state of CA
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Legion

Whistlebritches wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:30 pm Welcome from Texas.Where you located down under?I've been to Sydney,Brisbane,Perth,Adelaide,Christchurch,Auckland and Hobart.Anything close?
Thank you Whistlebritches.

I've been living near the foot of the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, for nearly 20 years now. Not sure why; it's heaps colder at night in winter (by our standards at least) & can be brutally hot in summer compared to coastal suburbs. Last year it hit 48*C (118*F)

I'm a Sydney boy but have spent many years working in the outback; primarily the Flinders Ranges in S.A. & back of Bourke along the Darling River.

Although I've travelled up to Cairns & Cooktown in my youth. Once was enough. Anywhere above the Tropic of Capricorn in coastal areas one must avoid the beautiful beaches due to the Box-jelly fish, the Irukandji jelly fish (reputed to be the most painful toxin in nature) & bloody Saltwater crocs which are a protected species (thanks to brain-dead Greenies who mostly live in suburbia)
And then there's the bugs ............

Btw, Christchurch & Auckland are New Zealand cities.
avid

g'day
insufferable filter guy
Whistlebritches

Legion wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:03 am
Whistlebritches wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:30 pm Welcome from Texas.Where you located down under?I've been to Sydney,Brisbane,Perth,Adelaide,Christchurch,Auckland and Hobart.Anything close?
Thank you Whistlebritches.

Btw, Christchurch & Auckland are New Zealand cities.
You're welcome.

Yes they are.........and Hobart is in Tasmania but all are down under.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Welcome from the diner Capitol of the world, NJ!
The Troll Whisperer
Legion

Wooda wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:16 pm Welcome.
Post pics of your possums.
We'll accept your sarcasm here too, but it's not as cute as Aussie possums.
Atm I've only got 2 pipes & one is lost somewhere in my mess.

I've got 4 brand new pipes on order; A Savanelli churchwarden, a Dr Grabow, 2 corn cobs & a used Capstan briar from ebay. Hopefully they'll all arrive tomorrow.

I'm a real computer dunce & will have to wait for my mate to show me how to download pics from phone to laptop.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:31 pm Welcome from the diner Capitol of the world, NJ!
Love it! :king:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Bowhunt

Welcome. I'm from the hills of eastern Ohio, living on my horse farm that we call Snowy River Farm. Lots of natural beauty in your neighborhood.
LtPiper

Welcome from central PA
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke