Hello from New Orleans.

Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:25 pm

I live in New Orleans. I have some old beat up pipes that I smoke. They're not the greatest pipes, but they've been with me for a couple of years, so they are good companions as I read the newspaper or a book or sit under the stars and contemplate God, the Universe, and Everything.

I don't take good care of my pipes. Are they masterpieces works of art? No. Are they reliable smokers? Yeah, I've found them to be. My favorite pipe is my Kirsten, a pipe many of you probably don't own. It's like a Falcon on steroids. I have two Falcons. I have some basket pipes that have treated me well over the years. I have a Yello Bole Checker and a Yello Bole Pug that I love. Actually, I have two Yello Bole pugs. I love a pipe with a stinger. I have a Medico Cavalier. I have some more pipes, more than I've mentioned. Who cares? You're not the IRS so I don't need to make a complete audit of my collection.

I like cigars. I smoke a lot of cigars, probably more than I smoke pipes. I like machine made cigars. I like the Duck Song.

Since I live in New Orleans, I don't worry much about keeping my tobacco moist. It just takes care of itself. When I need to hydrate some tobacco that I've kept in an airtight tin too long, I just open the tin and let it sit. When the tobacco is too moist, it dries out. When it's too dry, it soaks up the ambient humidity and smokes like a champ. This wouldn't work in Arizona.

Its great to meet every body and I'm looking forward to---------waitaminnit! What? I already have over 700 posts here on PSF?!?

Sorry. Never mind. I guess I'm already qualified as an old member. :oops:

Always greet real new members to PSF. When your a member of PSF, you are in good company. Not necessarily mine, but you'll be in good company with the other people who are members here. They're a great bunch of ladies and germs.

This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 6):
Kevin KeithBamarickMr BeardsleyHawkwoodPreacher1611Ronv69
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
colorduke

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:08 pm

Welcome,I understand you like machine made cigars?so do I.
This post by colorduke liked by:
Whalehead King
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:37 pm

colorduke wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:08 pm
Welcome,I understand you like machine made cigars?so do I.
We may have something in common. :king:
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
houtenziel
Member in Good Standing

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:43 pm

I read the first post, then looked in my bourbon glass to make sure I hadn't had too much. Déjà vu? A Glitch in the Matrix? Something feels familiar here.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 3):
Fr_TomkxgWhalehead King
I like big buttons and I can not lie.
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:39 pm

There's a reason this is one of my favorite songs, and it's not Shriley Bassey's growl, which is hot:

It's the refrain. It's just a little bit of history repeating.....
This post by Whalehead King liked by:
Preacher1611
Preacher1611

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:29 am

Hey man, welcome to the forum! Glad to see you finally made it here!

lol