Hello from Yorkshire!

Dave
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:41 am
Location: Yorkshire, UK.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:14 am

Hi, my name is Dave and I'm from Yorkshire in the UK. I'm a bit of an audiophile, a music lover and I'm rather fond of real ale and single malt scotch.
I've been toying with the idea of trying pipe smoking for a couple of years and finally decided to jump in. I did a bunch of research and picked up a corn cob, so now I'm ready to start sampling some blends. So far I've just tried Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader. I look forward to discussing more options as I try to find my way in the mysterious world of pipe tobacco. :thumbs:
This post by Dave liked by (total 7):
Bruyere_RoyaleavidoldbillMikeDennisonThelonious monkfishncrobbLongshanks
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 am

Welcome to PSF!
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by:
avid
Tsal...
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 am

Welcome to PSF!
Tsal...
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 1528
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:15 am

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 am
Welcome to PSF!
I'll just claim this one since you had an extra.. Welcome :)
This post by houtenziel liked by:
Bruyere_Royale
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 am

houtenziel wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:15 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 am
Welcome to PSF!
I'll just claim this one since you had an extra.. Welcome :)
Wonder how that happened? 🤔
Tsal...
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 2183
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Port Isabel

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:58 am

I knew a Dave from Yorkshire once. Welcome to PSF
This post by Kevin Keith liked by:
Saddle bit sore
User avatar
avid
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:02 am

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 am
Welcome to PSF!
you can say that again...
This post by avid liked by:
houtenziel
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
User avatar
oldbill
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:11 pm
Location: Kyle, TX

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:10 am

Dave wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:14 am
Hi, my name is Dave and I'm from Yorkshire in the UK. I'm a bit of an audiophile, a music lover and I'm rather fond of real ale and single malt scotch.
I've been toying with the idea of trying pipe smoking for a couple of years and finally decided to jump in. I did a bunch of research and picked up a corn cob, so now I'm ready to start sampling some blends. So far I've just tried Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader. I look forward to discussing more options as I try to find my way in the mysterious world of pipe tobacco. :thumbs:
You had me at music, ale, and whiskey and I can tell that we will be great friends! :lol:
WELCOME Sir!!! :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
User avatar
zkeeper
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:33 pm
Location: St. Louis Area

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:38 am

Welcome indeed. UK is our second home....family originally from Chalfont St.Peter area, Bucks.

BTW, Salts, of Coventry a fine tobacconist...but a bit south for you. He's two blocks off town centre, and the Cathedral. If you like Sam Gaiwith, look into Presbyterian Mix, [not from Sam] Dunhill Standard Mix Mellow, just to mention a couple of new ideas. Bests.
This post by zkeeper liked by:
oldbill
"On land or sea, at home abroad, I smoke my pipe and worship God." J. S. Bach
User avatar
avid
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:42 am

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 am
Welcome to PSF!
you can say that again
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
Post Reply