What Are You Smoking May 2019

Bamarick
Member in Good Standing

Tue May 14, 2019 12:12 pm

SG Commonwealth in the Fischer Poker. This is a second English blend that I can "Cotton" to with John Bull being the other. This was a sample provided with the purchase of the Fischer. I think I only have enough left for another bowl or two :cry: Now it's back to the grass mowing.
This post by Bamarick liked by (total 12):
Bruyere_RoyaleavidcigrmasterMiddle EarthMr BeardsleyoldbillThelonious monkfishMikeDennisonsimplepipesFr_TomFlyfish FallsLongshanks
Just an old retired Telephone Man enjoying life one day at a time.
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Another round of ERR match in the Kaywoodie but this time a bottle of Stewart's cream soda is in the console.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 9):
cigrmasterMiddle EarthMr BeardsleyBamarickoldbillThelonious monkfishMikeDennisonsimplepipesFr_Tom
Tsal... 🎳 A Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
cigrmaster

Tue May 14, 2019 12:59 pm

2007 Peterson Irish Flake in a Wayne Teipen Apple.
Harris
Middle Earth
Member in Good Standing

Tue May 14, 2019 1:16 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Another round of ERR match in the Kaywoodie but this time a bottle of Stewart's cream soda is in the console.
Full on Codger mode

Got a box from WV Smoke Shop
Time for some new pipe pictures
This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 9):
Mr BeardsleyBamarickBruyere_RoyaleoldbillThelonious monkfishavidMikeDennisonsimplepipesFr_Tom
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Tue May 14, 2019 1:50 pm

Middle Earth wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:16 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Full on Codger mode

Got a box from WV Smoke Shop
Time for some new pipe pictures
I don't subscribe to the rim cake so I think that cancels me out. Besides, it's a new Kaywoodie.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 8):
Mr BeardsleyoldbillThelonious monkfishavidMikeDennisonsimplepipesMiddle EarthFr_Tom
Tsal... 🎳 A Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Tue May 14, 2019 1:55 pm

Prince Albert in a Dr. Grabow Royalton 45. This is no ordinary Grabow. The story is in the Pipes sub-forum..
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Tue May 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Waiting on the rain once again with a bowl of Dark Fired Mixture in the Peterson Baskerville Meer. :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
houtenziel

Tue May 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Having some Houtencake with a little pinch of SWRA mixed in since there wasn't quite enough for a full bowl, in my Mr. Beardsley gifted Custombilt.

I went ahead and drilled the airway out in the stummel to 5/32 on this one, and had a major oops when I was attempting to funnel the tenon. Turns out that little stepped down bit on the end of the tenon was really brittle and it just sort of chipped off. So I got to spend a good half hour reshaping the end of the tenon and then funneling it. Turns out it was probably for the best that it chipped off, because the airflow seems to really have improved with it gone.
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
Thelonious monkfish

Tue May 14, 2019 2:56 pm

Brown Flake Scented in a Commodore

Thelonious monkfish

Tue May 14, 2019 3:00 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:54 pm
Having some Houtencake with a little pinch of SWRA mixed in since there wasn't quite enough for a full bowl, in my Mr. Beardsley gifted Custombilt.

I went ahead and drilled the airway out in the stummel to 5/32 on this one, and had a major oops when I was attempting to funnel the tenon. Turns out that little stepped down bit on the end of the tenon was really brittle and it just sort of chipped off. So I got to spend a good half hour reshaping the end of the tenon and then funneling it. Turns out it was probably for the best that it chipped off, because the airflow seems to really have improved with it gone.
Old rubber, lots of heat/smoke, they dry out. Next time you have an old stem like that try working some oil into it, or stand it upright on the tenon in a little bit of oil for a while. Just a thought to reduce any future accidents but it seems to have worked out favorably for you this time.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 8):
houtenzielMr BeardsleyBruyere_RoyaleavidMikeDennisonsimplepipesMiddle EarthFr_Tom