What Are You Smoking July 2019

Locked
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 10184
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:09 pm

MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:16 pm

I have no idea what makes iced coffee or iced tea "Thai". Peanut oil? Coconut? Utterly at a loss. :?
I have never had Thai tea or coffee, and I have no clue what goes into them. I should look it up. Thai coffee is perhaps a little rarefied for my simple Midwestern tastes anyway.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 7):
MikeDennisonMiddle EarthKevin KeithMr BeardsleyBruyere_RoyaleoldbillMaynard
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
MikeDennison
Senior Member
Posts: 2355
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:27 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:09 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:16 pm

I have no idea what makes iced coffee or iced tea "Thai". Peanut oil? Coconut? Utterly at a loss. :?
I have never had Thai tea or coffee, and I have no clue what goes into them. I should look it up. Thai coffee is perhaps a little rarefied for my simple Midwestern tastes anyway.
I've had Vietnamese coffee a few times (hot)...and it was made with sweetened, condensed milk. Very good.
EDIT- Just checked online, and it looks like Thai coffee is very similar, only with cardomom as well.
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 7):
Middle EarthKevin KeithMr BeardsleyFr_TomBruyere_RoyaleoldbillMaynard
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
User avatar
MikeDennison
Senior Member
Posts: 2355
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:32 pm

MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:18 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:10 pm
Image
Wasn't able to pop by yesterday...one of those days, and you all know what I mean. :D Working from home today, though, and exceptionally happy to be on the porch with the laptop. So, this rusticated Sav Bing's Favorite is loaded with PS Amsterdam that's dry and crispy...just the way I like my non-aros. :thumbs: And ya know, it's a great little pipe. Not much for capacity, but easy to keep lit and light enough to be the perfect clencher. When I first got it, it had a real varnishy taste to it. Almost got rid of it, but someone here (Fr_Tom, perhaps?) advised me just to smoke the funk out of it. That I did! And man, I'm glad I kept'er! Happy Thursday, all!
PS- This isn't a pic of mine, but it's identical. And sorry for the ginormous pic. :(
Same pipe. This time smoking the remnants of PS Amsterdam mixed with the remnants of Uhles Perfection Plug. Not too bad. Club soda on the side.
Same pipe. This time burning good ol' SWRA. Cool water on the side.
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 6):
Kevin KeithMr BeardsleyMiddle EarthFr_TomoldbillMaynard
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 10184
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:02 pm

Picayune in a Silver Duke pot

Image
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 8):
DonniePaulKevin KeithMr BeardsleyMiddle EarthsimplepipesMikeDennisonoldbillMaynard
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member
Posts: 3511
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:28 pm

MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:16 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:22 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:23 pm
Thai iced coffee?
I'm a Thai iced tea fan myself. Haven't had the coffee yet
I have no idea what makes iced coffee or iced tea "Thai". Peanut oil? Coconut? Utterly at a loss. :?
I could post my wife's recipe but that might not be a good idea. Lol... Google is your friend.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 8):
Kevin KeithrekamepipMr BeardsleyMiddle EarthFr_TomMikeDennisonoldbillMaynard
Tsal... 🎳
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 3329
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Notrees

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:31 pm

MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:27 pm
Fr_Tom wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:09 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:16 pm

I have no idea what makes iced coffee or iced tea "Thai". Peanut oil? Coconut? Utterly at a loss. :?
I have never had Thai tea or coffee, and I have no clue what goes into them. I should look it up. Thai coffee is perhaps a little rarefied for my simple Midwestern tastes anyway.
I've had Vietnamese coffee a few times (hot)...and it was made with sweetened, condensed milk. Very good.
EDIT- Just checked online, and it looks like Thai coffee is very similar, only with cardomom as well.
As long as it'd not that stuff made from cat poop I'd drink it.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 8):
rekamepipMr BeardsleyMiddle EarthFr_TomBruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonoldbillMaynard
User avatar
rekamepip
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Kevin Keith wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:31 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:27 pm
Fr_Tom wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:09 pm
I have never had Thai tea or coffee, and I have no clue what goes into them. I should look it up. Thai coffee is perhaps a little rarefied for my simple Midwestern tastes anyway.
I've had Vietnamese coffee a few times (hot)...and it was made with sweetened, condensed milk. Very good.
EDIT- Just checked online, and it looks like Thai coffee is very similar, only with cardomom as well.
As long as it'd not that stuff made from cat poop I'd drink it.
Sounds like a monthly challenge to me :)
This post by rekamepip liked by (total 8):
Mr BeardsleyMiddle EarthKevin KeithFr_TomBruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonoldbillMaynard
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2662
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:50 pm

MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:16 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:22 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:23 pm
Thai iced coffee?
I'm a Thai iced tea fan myself. Haven't had the coffee yet
I have no idea what makes iced coffee or iced tea "Thai". Peanut oil? Coconut? Utterly at a loss. :?
I don't have a clue either, I just know that I like it. The tea is always very milky, sort of sweet, and an odd reddish orange color. Now that I'm thinking about it I want some :lol:
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 6):
Middle EarthFr_TomBruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonoldbillMaynard
This is my unique signature
User avatar
rekamepip
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:51 pm

LC VA in a panel cob
Image
:awesome:
This post by rekamepip liked by (total 9):
Mr BeardsleyMiddle EarthCrusty CobFr_TomBruyere_RoyalesimplepipesMikeDennisonoldbillMaynard
User avatar
Crusty Cob
Junior Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:02 pm

Image
This post by Crusty Cob liked by (total 8):
Fr_TomBruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthMr BeardsleysimplepipesMikeDennisonoldbillMaynard
Locked