The August Brylon Challenge™ 2019

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

avid wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:32 am If described as ‘indifferent’, i must be doing something wrong
I've never pegged you as "indifferent" to anything, my Canadian brother! :lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:22 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:52 pm Image

I thought a group shot of my ABC pipes might generate some excitement. They are all clean and ready for action on the 1st.

So what is the collective noun for a group of brylons? Is it a cast? Maybe it is a clutch? Perhaps it is just a herd like other groups of pipes we thin, etc.

Would the plural be "Brylii", perchance? Or "Brylae"?
Has to think about this...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

If you know me, you know that I don't like pipes that look like every other pipe. I'm not one to wax poetic about the grain and whatnot. I like a pipe that is functional and that has a little style.

Ladies and germs, let me present the Yello-Bole Spartan:

I dig it. I like the ample interior bowl dimensions. At first I was worried this was going to be a small pipe. It's not. I like the square exterior bowl shape. Like a lug nut, it's nice for grabbing. The stinger is my favorite (most efficient) shape.

I am breaking the Spartan in with a bowl of Panama Jack Piña Colada, the most lackluster blend in the PJ lineup. It smokes cool and tastes great, the way a wise person would expect from a brylon pipe.

The pipe is not super-heavy. The bowl is not super-hot. Nothing smells or tastes like burning plastic. I haven't contracted cancer from smoking this pipe.

I pity the rubes who won't give brylon a chance and it makes me sad that this exemplary and affordable, durable, pipe material has fallen out of favor. In an artisanal world, there isn't room for brylon. That's a doggone shame. A brylon pipe is a good pipe.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:26 pm If you know me, you know that I don't like pipes that look like every other pipe. I'm not one to wax poetic about the grain and whatnot. I like a pipe that is functional and that has a little style.

I dig it. I like the ample interior bowl dimensions. At first I was worried this was going to be a small pipe. It's not. I like the square exterior bowl shape. Like a lug nut, it's nice for grabbing. The stinger is my favorite (most efficient) shape.

I am breaking the Spartan in with a bowl of Panama Jack Piña Colada, the most lackluster blend in the PJ lineup. It smokes cool and tastes great, the way a wise person would expect from a brylon pipe.

The pipe is not super-heavy. The bowl is not super-hot. Nothing smells or tastes like burning plastic. I haven't contracted cancer from smoking this pipe.

I pity the rubes who won't give brylon a chance and it makes me sad that this exemplary and affordable, durable, pipe material has fallen out of favor. In an artisanal world, there isn't room for brylon. That's a doggone shame. A brylon pipe is a good pipe.
That looks like a decent bowl ID. I like it!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:26 pm If you know me, you know that I don't like pipes that look like every other pipe. I'm not one to wax poetic about the grain and whatnot. I like a pipe that is functional and that has a little style.

Yeah man, I really like that panel bry!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:04 pm Yeah man, I really like that panel bry!
Who are you? Maynard G. Krebs? Where did you pick up this hepcat lingo?
rekamepip
Codger in Training

:thumbs:
Crusty Cob

Campbells #11 in this the pipe.

Because everyone needs a little English once in a while.

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Crusty Cob wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:31 pm Campbells #11 in this the pipe.

Because everyone needs a little English once in a while.

I'm like your alarm clock, nice Pipe too!
The Troll Whisperer
Crusty Cob

[/quote] I'm like your alarm clock, nice Pipe too!
[/quote]

Shes survived attacks by dogs, hawks, raccoons, possums an skunks looking for eggs. Shes a real survivalist but getting old. Last summer she took care of herself but now she hangs out by the door and begs for scraps when somebody comes out. A hawk took the last of her friends this spring and I guess she took it hard.