What Are You Smoking August 2019

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Been hitting the brylon a bit . I really enjoyed a bowl of F&T brown flaske in my stanwell featherweight that I got from Mr moo some years ago

God bless Mr Moo ( Dan )
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

For those who don't know, I bought a Yello-Bole Spartan for August. I needed a new brylon pipe, my collection of one was depleted when I gave my last brylon pipe to a friend in need.

I am smoking the Spartan with Panama Jack Piña Colada. I know I could chosen something more inspiring for the tobacco but I'm trying to get rid of this tin so it's one bowl after another-----luckily, with a brylon pipe you don't to let it rest!

This Yello-Bole Spartan is a champ. Capacious bowl, perfect draw, the bit has just enough give in its material that it is a pleasure to clench without worrying about wearing down my teeth, cool in the hand. If people complain that brylon is too hot, it makes me wonder how they smoke their other pipes----and I burn out the sides in cobs! I have one cob left that I rarely smoke because I don't want to set it on fire from the inside.

I've gone through 5-6 bowls in the Spartan and I just tried to clean it. The inside of this pipe was already as clean as the prayers of that sweet little old lady who lives down the street from you.

I do have to relight more often than I am used to with this Spartan. I think it is because the bowl is a bit wider than to what I am accustomed. It's a thin-walled brylon bowl with a chamber that is at least a third larger than my other (mostly) briar pipes, often a bit more. It is engineered to provide a cool, reliable smoke. Honestly, I have no complaints.

I'm glad I bought this Spartan. I've only had it a couple days but I already know it's going to replace a pipe that doesn't smoke as well and needs to be retired.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in a Silver Duke pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Evening gentiles, smoking Cherry Chestnut in a Eugene Rich era CustomBilt and I like it, just a smidge of lat goes far and it also goes well will coffee. :D
The Troll Whisperer
GatorGirl

C&D Founding Fathers in Peterson Orange Army bent apple with a glass of red wine
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:01 am Sutliff's match ERR in a Kaywoodie 99b and coffee, gotta have coffee!
I don't know if you have noticed that I haven't been posting pics lately, I deleted my Instagram account so I don't have access to any filters. Once I figure out how to take a decent picture I'll resume posting them.
I noticed that. I'm not sure what format phone you're using but I know on my Samsung there's all sorts of built-in filterizers in their gallery app. If you've seen any of my crappy pictures you know I don't use them :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
simplepipes
Codger in Training

SPMT Mix . . . MM Pony Express . . . Diet Soda.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

OJK in the BST pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:10 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:01 am Sutliff's match ERR in a Kaywoodie 99b and coffee, gotta have coffee!
I don't know if you have noticed that I haven't been posting pics lately, I deleted my Instagram account so I don't have access to any filters. Once I figure out how to take a decent picture I'll resume posting them.
I noticed that. I'm not sure what format phone you're using but I know on my Samsung there's all sorts of built-in filterizers in their gallery app. If you've seen any of my crappy pictures you know I don't use them :lol:
You post good pics! These filterizer's you speak of built into the phone are not that good. I use a Galaxy Note 8.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:49 pm Evening gentiles, smoking Cherry Chestnut in a Eugene Rich era CustomBilt and I like it, just a smidge of lat goes far and it also goes well will coffee. :D
That sounds delish!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!