What are You Smoking August 2019

User avatar
Ronv69
Founding Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm

AngraMelo wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 pm
Drying out some Burley Flake by Mac Baren, as per recommendation of the experienced burley smokers of this beloved forum.

Ill smoke it in a Luxor straight billiard that although costed me next to nothing has a pretty fantastic straight grain and smokes great!

Does anyone know anything about this Luxor brand?

Image
It's better than Brylon?
This post by Ronv69 liked by (total 6):
Bruyere_RoyalehoutenzielMikeDennisonavidMr BeardsleyMaynard
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Ronv69 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm
AngraMelo wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 pm
Drying out some Burley Flake by Mac Baren, as per recommendation of the experienced burley smokers of this beloved forum.

Ill smoke it in a Luxor straight billiard that although costed me next to nothing has a pretty fantastic straight grain and smokes great!

Does anyone know anything about this Luxor brand?

Image
It's better than Brylon?
can you run it through a dishwasher?
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 6):
Fr_TomhoutenzielMikeDennisonavidMr BeardsleyMaynard
Tsal... 🎳 A Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Image
User avatar
AngraMelo
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:38 am
Location: Brazil

Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:07 pm

Ronv69 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm
AngraMelo wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 pm
Drying out some Burley Flake by Mac Baren, as per recommendation of the experienced burley smokers of this beloved forum.

Ill smoke it in a Luxor straight billiard that although costed me next to nothing has a pretty fantastic straight grain and smokes great!

Does anyone know anything about this Luxor brand?

Image
It's better than Brylon?
Definitely cant answer that. All my Brylons were donated and I have none left.
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:51 pm
Ronv69 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm
AngraMelo wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 pm
Drying out some Burley Flake by Mac Baren, as per recommendation of the experienced burley smokers of this beloved forum.

Ill smoke it in a Luxor straight billiard that although costed me next to nothing has a pretty fantastic straight grain and smokes great!

Does anyone know anything about this Luxor brand?

Image
It's better than Brylon?
can you run it through a dishwasher?
I might, although I dont own a dishwasher! hahahahaa
This post by AngraMelo liked by (total 7):
Fr_TomhoutenzielMikeDennisonavidMr BeardsleyMaynardBruyere_Royale
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 8357
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:23 pm

I have been preoccupied since coming home.

I had OJK in the GBD pot and Picayune in the Silver Duke and never posted them.

I am heading to bed.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 8):
simplepipeshoutenzielAngraMeloMikeDennisonavidMr BeardsleyMaynardBruyere_Royale
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
simplepipes
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:57 pm
Location: MO

Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Just finished modifying a MM Pony Express including chamber bore, longer stem and nickel band. The larger Pony Express Cobs are the equivalent of a smaller Country Gentleman and make a wonderful pipe. I have to use the 3/4" Rotary Burr in reverse as it is single cut and too aggressive otherwise. Pipe has now been honey coated and will be placed in service tomorrow.

Last pipe of the evening and then off to bed . . . SPMT Mix . . . MM Pony Express . . . Diet Soda.

-sp
This post by simplepipes liked by (total 8):
houtenzielAngraMeloMikeDennisonavidMr BeardsleyMaynardBruyere_RoyaleFr_Tom
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 2220
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:51 pm
Ronv69 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm
AngraMelo wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 pm
Drying out some Burley Flake by Mac Baren, as per recommendation of the experienced burley smokers of this beloved forum.

Ill smoke it in a Luxor straight billiard that although costed me next to nothing has a pretty fantastic straight grain and smokes great!

Does anyone know anything about this Luxor brand?

Image
It's better than Brylon?
can you run it through a dishwasher?
I think someone needs to actually run their brylon through a dishwasher cycle and report back on the validity of this claim.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 8):
AngraMeloMikeDennisonavidMr BeardsleyMaynardBruyere_RoyaleFr_Tomsimplepipes
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
AngraMelo
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:38 am
Location: Brazil

Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:14 pm

simplepipes wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:24 pm
Just finished modifying a MM Pony Express including chamber bore, longer stem and nickel band. The larger Pony Express Cobs are the equivalent of a smaller Country Gentleman and make a wonderful pipe. I have to use the 3/4" Rotary Burr in reverse as it is single cut and too aggressive otherwise. Pipe has now been honey coated and will be placed in service tomorrow.

Last pipe of the evening and then off to bed . . . SPMT Mix . . . MM Pony Express . . . Diet Soda.

-sp
How is that honey coating process? Just rub a bit of honey inside the bowl? Anything else?
This post by AngraMelo liked by (total 5):
MikeDennisonavidMr BeardsleyMaynardFr_Tom
User avatar
MikeDennison
Senior Member
Posts: 1807
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:19 pm

Image
Long, long day. Finally home and on the porch. This Kaywoodie Shellcraft lovat burning SWR. Club soda on the side.
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 7):
houtenzielavidMr BeardsleyMaynardBruyere_RoyaleFr_Tomsimplepipes
User avatar
MikeDennison
Senior Member
Posts: 1807
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:53 pm

MikeDennison wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:19 pm
Image
Long, long day. Finally home and on the porch. This Kaywoodie Shellcraft lovat burning SWR. Club soda on the side.
Same pipe, but this time loaded with Mark Twain Memoir...which seems to be a bit like SWRA. And I like it! :D
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 6):
avidMr BeardsleyMaynardBruyere_RoyaleFr_Tomsimplepipes
User avatar
avid
Senior Member
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:00 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:51 pm
Ronv69 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm
It's better than Brylon?
can you run it through a dishwasher?
I think someone needs to actually run their brylon through a dishwasher cycle and report back on the validity of this claim.
I know B_R was waiting for the people at .gov to sign off on a hazmat permit, maybe it came through.
This post by avid liked by (total 5):
Mr BeardsleyMaynardBruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonFr_Tom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
Post Reply